NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
I watched part of the game. Honestly, the Giants O-Line was so bad it was a miracle that Jones did as well as he did. He got passes off fast. Maybe the Redskins should have tried harder to get him.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Suck it Catt!
I was just showing a funny picture!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I know, but I couldn't pass up that marshmallow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Ratings are down

Sunday Night football down 15% (compared to a Brady-featured 2019 Sunday opening game)

Although, Sunday afternoon was up 8% (With Brady)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's not going to sit well with folks like Jamele Hill who specifically posted the Saints-Bucs ratings and mocked people who said they were boycotting the NFL.
The sports world needs to get the fuck out of politics. I saw more pieces on social justice this weekend than I did on the sport itself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The conservatives I did see boycotting were CONVINCED ratings would be down 50%.

I saw lots of sports. So much sports. And it was awesome.

If we take the top 3 games (Thu, Sun night, Sun pm) for which we have ratings (no Monday til tomorrow cuz the overnights are not good enough), Ratings were down ~7%.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Seems like the same numbers as the last time the kneeling caused an issue.

Bell goes on IR.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I always see Stranger lurking, so this one's for him:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Baker's dead. It's over.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I never have thought he'd dominate the league, but I think he can be serviceable.

IMHO, the Browns need to trade OBJ. OBJ is a highly paid diva, and I think it's negatively affecting Baker. Baker probably feels like he has to force balls to OBJ to keep him happy. Meanwhile, Landry is on the other side and is a far better receiver. Landry would be a fine #1 and you can plug anyone into #2. Just grab some speedy WR in the draft next year and it'll work.

For OBJ, you'd be dumping salary and a problem. In return ask for some defensive help.

Then make your offensive about the run game. You've got Chubb and Hunt. Ride them to wins. Ball control should be Cleveland's strategy for every game. They'll never win a shoot out.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher, you're 100% correct. Since OBJ has arrived Baker has never been the same. It obvious that he's trying to force passes to OBJ and that's a recipe for disaster. Before OBJ Baker was throwing to 6-7 different receivers every game now he just stares him down and when he does put one on him OBJ drops it!!

This experiment isn't working and OBJ needs to be traded. Baker needs to work within the system and let the game come to him, run the ball and hit the easy open receivers. Take your 1 or 2 deep shots a game and don't turn it over. If the Browns can get things on that track i think Baker can be successful, but if they ask him to play like Pat Mahomes then he's doomed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mayfield looks good tonight. They definitely changed up some stuff for him. Running game looks great. Still the Bengals though.

They need a win next week against the Washington Football Team before they start a stretch of @Cowboys, Colts, @Steelers.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

That exactly how the Browns offense should look. Lean on that run game and get Baker out of the pocket with them roll outs. Also, exactly how they should use OBJ, they don't need to throw to him 15 times a game. Set up those bombs with play action like they did and he can make an impact with just 1 or 2 catches.

On to the Washington football club!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: That exactly how the Browns offense should look. Lean on that run game and get Baker out of the pocket with them roll outs. Also, exactly how they should use OBJ, they don't need to throw to him 15 times a game. Set up those bombs with play action like they did and he can make an impact with just 1 or 2 catches.
[/qoute]
Nice win.
Stranger wrote:
On to the Washington football club!
Sticking to cellar dwellers this year?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sticking to cellar dwellers this year?
I dunno.. Last time i looked, Washington is leading the NFC East.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Sticking to cellar dwellers this year?
I dunno.. Last time i looked, Washington is leading the NFC East.
Hah! 1-0 baby!

I guess I meant in the more perennial sense.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's injury Sunday. This is brutal, but the 49ers might be getting the worst of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm guessing Barkey's season is over.