NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

A's expect Murray to declare for NFL draft.

He's 5'11", so that's going to work against him in the NFL considering most O and D linemen are well north of 6'0".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: A's expect Murray to declare for NFL draft.

He's 5'11", so that's going to work against him in the NFL considering most O and D linemen are well north of 6'0".
Russell Wilson!

Fuck it, Skins draft him, why not?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I was listening to the Golic and Wingo show this morning on the way to work and i forget who they were talking to at the time, but he said he's only 5'10" and when he stood next to Kyler Murray he was easily shorter than he was and guessed Murray was only about 5'8".

Thats really short, but if he's in the combine then we'll know for sure.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Honestly, if I'm him, I'm taking that sweet, no contact baseball money.

Although, what a boring fucking sport.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I was listening to the Golic and Wingo show this morning on the way to work and i forget who they were talking to at the time, but he said he's only 5'10" and when he stood next to Kyler Murray he was easily shorter than he was and guessed Murray was only about 5'8".
I 100% believe this. Stats for height are always exaggerated. The combine will indeed reveal the truth, and if he's shorter that's going to hurt him big time.
TheCatt wrote: Honestly, if I'm him, I'm taking that sweet, no contact baseball money.

Although, what a boring fucking sport.
Agree and agree.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Rooney suggests Brown won't be around in 2019.

Oh really? It's hard to envision him on the team? Why exactly? Your head coach behaves worse in the local community and is at the bottom of most coaching stats, yet his job is safe. Why jettison Brown if you're keeping Tomlin?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This hurts the credibility of that poll:
Other votes were cast for Philip Rivers and Alex Smith in the top three of most underrated, and Russell Wilson, Mitchell Trubisky, Drew Brees and Lamar Jackson got votes. Eli Manning was the second-most overrated, while Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston and Sam Bradford had multiple votes as well. Why did it seem like there was a wider array of overrated QBs?
Lamar fucking Jackson got votes for being underrated? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Can't argue with their overrated list though with the exception of Winston and Bradford. Who the hell thinks those guys are good?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Number of black coaches up 50%

If we ignore the several who just got fired.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Skin color should absolutely not prevent someone from becoming a coach.

That being said, diversity can't just happen overnight for coaches. It takes time for these now open doors to allow folks to get the proper experience. Trying to push people into positions they're not ready for is setting them up to fail.

Plus, the perfect situation needs to happen for ANY coach:
-Belichick sucked in Cleveland, yet is considered an all time great coach due to his success in NE.
-Nick Saban got his ass kicked regularly at MSU, didn't do much at LSU, and failed miserably with the Dolphins. Now he's "one of the greatest coaches ever".
-Jim Caldwell had a great record during his time in Indianapolis, except for one season when his HOF QB was out for the year and his team won 1 game.
-Mike Tomlin's lack of experience was overcome by several HOF players, one of the best Ds of all time, THE best DC of all time, and a very experienced staff from the previous coach. Now his sheer incompetence is still excused because of a HOF QB.
-David Shaw currently is wanted by NFL teams, but he's too smart. He knows he has a good gig at Stanford where winning is overachieving. He is very wisely staying in his lane.
-Bill Cowher helped lead Pittsburgh to a single Super Bowl and then retired. Notice that while the allure to return is there, he knows coming back could tarnish his legacy. Gruden's return probably is reinforcing that decision.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Belicheck actually wasn’t so bad in his 4 years at Cleveland. He was hated though because he got rid of the beloved Bernie Kosar.

Hell he was the last coach to win a playoff game for Cleveland, I was a young high school kid and at that game. His defensive cordinator that day.. Nick Saban.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Saban followed 5 years of losing seasons (pre Saban) at MSU with an eventual 10 win season. He won the National championship at LSU.

that's hardly nothing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Saban followed 5 years of losing seasons (pre Saban) at MSU with an eventual 10 win season.
Never won a Big Ten title. Never competed nationally.

I'll concede LSU, but I don't know specifics of what he took over.

Also, we're trying to knit pick specific years, which makes my point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Never competed nationally.
I would say they were on the cusp. He had a lot to turn around.
Leisher wrote: I'll concede LSU, but I don't know specifics of what he took over.
We're trying to knit around your ignorance :P
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We're trying to knit around your ignorance
Fair enough, but here you're off base. You should have gone with Urban Meyer as your counter since he wins everywhere he goes. Of course, I would just point out we're talking about the exceptions, not the rules.

My point stands that coaches need experience. They need to cut their teeth, not get thrown into an NFL head coaching job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's a multivariate scenario, not just one thing gets them there;But like most people, experience mattera
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Right. Stop hiring coaches with only 10 years experience.

In other news, Dak Prescott didn't look awesome, but Dallas' D looked worse. Also, dome teams suck outdoors in the cold.

Snowy and cold here today. That's bad news for the Chargers in NE tomorrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »