NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Washington' (SOMETHINGS)' minority owners want to sell.
One person who is familiar with the relationships between Snyder and the Redskins' minority shareholders told ESPN's John Keim that he felt this had to come as a big surprise to Snyder because he considered them all friends.
Does Snyder have friends?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I find this story to be really odd.

Why now? Why right this second? Snyder has already indicated they're going to change the name, the team has an influx of new talent, a proven new head coach, etc.

This just seems like the three minority owners are just using the current climate as an excuse to leave OR they think they're being proactive about avoiding controversy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why now? Why right this second? Snyder has already indicated they're going to change the name, the team has an influx of new talent, a proven new head coach, etc.

This just seems like the three minority owners are just using the current climate as an excuse to leave OR they think they're being proactive about avoiding controversy.
I really don't get it either. Like, are they for or opposed to the name change? Based on the timing alone, you'd think opposed. Or, maybe opposed to how Snyder's approaching it. I dunno. Not enough details here.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I've heard zero national talk about Snyder being an asshole at this moment. The general feeling seems to be that people are happy they're finally changing.

So yeah, these minority owners must be opposed...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've heard zero national talk about Snyder being an asshole at this moment.
As a Redskins' fan, I've heard it for 20 years. Mostly from fans, obviously, but I thought the other owners of other teams in general did not like him?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I've heard zero national talk about Snyder being an asshole at this moment.
As a Redskins' fan, I've heard it for 20 years. Mostly from fans, obviously, but I thought the other owners of other teams in general did not like him?
"at this moment" was the key point of my statement.

I've heard bad things about him as well, but I think he has some fans in league ownership? I don't think he's at a Marge Schott or that dipshit that owned the Clippers level of disdain.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Gotcha.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Fortunately, The Donald has weighed in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Mahomes got PAID
The Kansas City Chiefs and Super Bowl winning quarterback Patrick Mahomes have agreed to a 10-year extension worth more than $400 million, according to reports.

Mahomes, who led the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl victory in 50 years, is now in position to become among the highest-paid players in the National Football League with his new contract, which is worth a total of $450 million, according to ESPN, who first reported the deal. The Texas native is projected to earn roughly $2.7 million this year, heading into the fourth of the five-year rookie deal he signed with the Chiefs in 2017.
I didn't even know they had 10 year contracts in the NFL?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Imagine how big the contract would be if he wasn't oppressed! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Imagine how big the contract would be if he wasn't oppressed! :D
7 of top 10 NFL endorsers by $ are white, and Eli fucking Manning is up there? Peyton, who doesn't even play, and Matt Ryan, who also doesn't play :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Imagine how big the contract would be if he wasn't oppressed! :D
7 of top 10 NFL endorsers by $ are white, and Eli fucking Manning is up there? Peyton, who doesn't even play, and Matt Ryan, who also doesn't play :)
You mean advertisers use white athletes, specifically QBs (who are still mostly white and the most highly visible players), to sell to a majority white audience? The hell you say!

Mahomes will be pretty high on that list soon. Give the kid a minute!

Lamar Jackson should be on that list soon too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Good thing his posts weren't anti-black, cuz then he'd be canceled.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Good thing his posts weren't anti-black, cuz then he'd be canceled.
I mean, you said it...

NFLPA pushing back at NFL startup plan.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's almost like some people don't give a shit if something isn't about them!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Former NBA'er Stephen Jackson... honestly, he says something, and I'm not really sure what he's saying.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stephen Jackson is now trying to walk back his comments.

Amazon joins the fight over Redskins.

The Cleveland Indians will be next and if they change their name to the Cleveland Caucasians, I'll be a fan for life and buy all their merchandise.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Cleveland Caucasians, I'll be a fan for life and buy all their merchandise.
lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If you don't remember, someone did a mock up of the Cleveland Caucasians to show how offensive the Cleveland Indians are to American Indians.

It back fired in a HUGE way.

Washington site speculating on new name.

Washington Warriors?