NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: was sarcastically talking about Tomlin
Oh right, was still stuck on FITZMAGIC
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Every time I watch Green Bay it feels impossible to believe they are 13 - 3
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Washington Redskins are expected to hire former Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera as their next head coach barring any unforeseen developments, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The news comes on the same day that the team parted ways with team president Bruce Allen.
"As this season concludes, Bruce Allen has been relieved of his duties as president of the Washington Redskins and is no longer with the organization. Like our passionate fan base, I recognize that we have not lived up to the high standards set by great Redskins teams, coaches and players who have come before us. As we reevaluate our team leadership, culture and process of winning football games, I am excited for the opportunities that lie ahead to renew our singular focus and purpose of bringing championship football back to Washington D.C."
Boy was that last move years too late.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Browns thing is so weird. Two of their coaches had 6 wins in their first season, the best win totals for Cleveland 1st year HCs, and both were fired.

I'm still not sure Chud should have been fired, but Kitchens might be the worst HC I've ever seen.

Those 6 wins are a testament to how talent can cover up bad coaching... (I'm hinting at Tomlin)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Browns thing is so weird. Two of their coaches had 6 wins in their first season, the best win totals for Cleveland 1st year HCs, and both were fired.

I'm still not sure Chud should have been fired, but Kitchens might be the worst HC I've ever seen.

Those 6 wins are a testament to how talent can cover up bad coaching... (I'm hinting at Tomlin)
I wonder if the Steelers has been able to pick up FITZMAGIC instead of using Duck and whatshisname.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Fun fact: The Steelers failed to score 30 points the entire season. First time since 1971. And before you say "but Big Ben is hurt", know that this streak actually extends into last season. It's either at 20 games or 20+.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fun fact: The Steelers failed to score 30 points the entire season. First time since 1971. And before you say "but Big Ben is hurt", know that this streak actually extends into last season. It's either at 20 games or 20+.
Well, at least they were not last in PPG like the Skins, and 4th worst last year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I wonder if the Steelers has been able to pick up FITZMAGIC instead of using Duck and whatshisname.
I think the Steelers got to see what they had in Rudolph and Duck. However, your question gets covered here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I wonder if the Steelers has been able to pick up FITZMAGIC instead of using Duck and whatshisname.
I think the Steelers got to see what they had in Rudolph and Duck. However, your question gets covered here.
Hah!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Rivera supposedly on 5 yr deal with Skins. No official announcement yet, though.

Jax keeping their coach, no update from Dallas
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Rhule says No to the Browns.
Won't even interview with them, but still potentially talking to other teams? Harsh, but deserved.
TheCatt wrote: Rivera supposedly on 5 yr deal with Skins.
Happy for you. I like Rivera.

Another day, another AB meltdown...

Shits on the Saints, JuJu, and Carr.

I truly believe the people who are still on AB's side (and not playing the mental health route, but legit the ones who think he's acting normal and correctly) can be removed from society overnight and we'd all be better off for it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Won't even interview with them, but still potentially talking to other teams? Harsh, but deserved.
That was the original report, now it's Rhule saying he wants to stay in the NCAA. I liked it better when he was just pooping on the Browns.
Leisher wrote: Another day, another AB meltdown...

Shits on the Saints, JuJu, and Carr.
"I really am at peace.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dorsey out.

Huge Browns news.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Rivera official, bringing Jack Del Rio along.

Hard to get TOO Excited here, but certainly a step up from Tomlin possibilities, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Rivera official, bringing Jack Del Rio along.

Hard to get TOO Excited here, but certainly a step up from Tomlin possibilities, right?
Huge step up. They're going to completely turn you guys around.

The big question now is do you draft a QB, Chase Young, or trade out for more picks?

Personally, I think you should trade out for picks, wait a year to see what Smith/Haskins can do, then start making moves with the picks you have. Passing on Chase would suck, but unless that's an absolute weakness of your D, you need to get everything else straightened out first.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I would take Chase. We have 3/4 of a solid line, I think. Also, we are moving from 3-4 to 4-3, iirc. We need corners, but maybe it won’t be so bad once we get 8 DBs off the IR. If we can convince Trent W to come back, our Oline gets new life. We have 1 great WR in that OSU guy.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Garrett and Jones to have a 3rd meeting.

This is a first. I know Jones really likes Garrett, I wonder what they could possibly be discussing? Maybe firing members of the staff and bringing in Garrett's successor to train?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

538 gives Pats 3% chance of winning Super Bowl. If that doesn't warm your heart in the middle of a cold Winter, I don't know what would.