NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Saw somewhere, and lost the link, that Rivera told Tua he wants to draft him.

Found it!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Saw somewhere, and lost the link, that Rivera told Tua he wants to draft him.

Found it!
It's a plant! Miami source, where Miami wants to trade up to #3 to get Tua. Skins saying trade with them instead.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFL asks SCOTUS to review Sunday Ticket.

Fuck the Sunday Ticket and fuck Direct TV.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Someone simulated Brady on every team using Madden.

The Redskins had a great year!
So... what does that say about Haskins? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I think it says more about Madden overvaluing Brady.

Bruce Arians should trade Jameis for Haskins. Put Haskins with someone who knows what they're doing and watch how good he becomes.

Coaching and situation are such massive factors in a player's development. It's why Pittsburgh is failing to really create new stars.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if that's just a scare tactic to make them feel better about 17 games.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
I wonder if that's just a scare tactic to make them feel better about 17 games.
I was, literally, just coming here to post the same thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Tua is a lefty. I did not know that.

Nor did I know
Tagovailoa’s entry to the NFL will end a lefty-less drought that dates back to Kellen Moore, and there are a few ways to measure just how long ago that was. He last took a snap for the Cowboys in 2015. Enough time has passed that he’s now entering his second season as Dallas’s offensive coordinator. And then there are the 116 righty, and only righty, quarterbacks who have thrown a pass in the four seasons since.
Despite lefties being 10% of the population.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steve Young was a leftie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Buc's "all-in" on Brady

That's a good way to scare him back to NE.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Since only gatherings of >100 people are banned, the XFL is safe.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Shouldn’t that joke be in the XFL thread?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Shouldn’t that joke be in the XFL thread?
Oh dammit, but yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

NFL players approved a new collective bargaining agreement that will keep America’s most popular sport on the field for the next decade at a moment when the rest of the sports world has shut down.

The timing of the deal, which had already been approved by owners, comes at a harrowing financial moment for both the world at large and the sports business. Although the current agreement ran through the 2020 season, the sides pushed to get an early pact done because they saw various economic advantages to doing so: The players could cash in on their financial gains a year earlier while both parties thought they could reap the benefits of an economy that was booming to land new television deals, worth tens of billions.

That was before the novel coronavirus became a pandemic, dragging down the global economy and effectively sidelining the entire sports world.

The thin margin by which the players approved the deal—1,019 voted in favor versus 959 against, according to the NFLPA—was the most telling sign of the divisiveness inside the ranks of the players about the pact.

The deal will have widespread financial implications inside the NFL. It is projected to put at least $600 million in new money in players’ pockets in the first year alone. There are increases in roster sizes, benefits and pensions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »