NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Never too early to talk NFL.

Favre says he needs surgery to play again.

He might be the best player ever in terms of coming up with excuses to skip training camp.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

When the universe collapses on itself & is crunched down to the size of a singularity, there will be two things I'm certain of ...

1) The cockroaches will survive.
2) Brett Favre will be playing his millionth "final season" until he finally wins the Intergalactic Cockroach Football League Super Bowl.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Still can't believe we drafted Clausen. Good or Bad, still haven't decided myself.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:Still can't believe we drafted Clausen. Good or Bad, still haven't decided myself.
I think good, but not great. But you never know with quarterbacks. I think Peyton Manning has been about the only sure thing QB in the past 15 years.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bye Favre... ?

Edited By TheCatt on 1280850160
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've heard he just hasn't healed from last season.

Still, I wouldn't say this 100% confirms he's gone. I think we won't know until the season has started.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I've heard he just hasn't healed from last season.

Still, I wouldn't say this 100% confirms he's gone. I think we won't know until the season has started.
He's got a weird knack for making some leaps of recovery right around the time training camp is done.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

August 4th - "I haven't made a decision."

Fuck the MSM. These assclowns made Favre saying he was going to retire the #1 story all yesterday, last night, and this morning. The problem is they did so without any legit sources, including any statement from Favre himself.

Once they caught up to him this morning at the high school he's been working out at, he stated that he never sent the texts and that if he's healthy, he's playing.

Now the MSM is blaming Favre for the bad report and saying he's worse than LeBron.

Go fuck yourself MSM. Seriously.

LeBron is 25 and held a nationally televised "Fuck You" to Cleveland after holding a ridiculous "Worship me" parade of suitors despite having made a decision about where he'd be playing months earlier.

Favre is 40 and coming off surgery. 3 years ago he was forced into retirement by a franchise who thought he didn't have it anymore. He asked to be released so he could play for a similar offense. That same franchise that was forcing him out and thought he couldn't play anymore said no. Favre still wanted to play so he went to the Jets. Things didn't work out great, so he quit. That's when Minnesota made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

And if you want to say he planned it all out just to go to Minnesota, so what? Seriously. So what? If Green Bay doesn't like it, they shouldn't have released him.

Anyway, he had a career year and beat GB twice. He was beaten up badly by the end of the season and had surgery. He is now trying to let his body heal before deciding if he'll again return to a sport that the vast majority of the world's 20-somethings aren't physically able to attempt, let alone perform at an elite level.

I realize that he holds out to skip training camp, and as a former football player, I sympathize. Training camp sucks. It's got to really suck for a banged up 40 year old.

You know why the Favre story drags on in the media every day? Because the media puts it there every day. Favre doesn't.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

So does anyone have a league set up 4 us? Never to early to start. Hear there is a Sunday night game this week. Don't mean shit but playing.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Do we have enough for a DTMan league or are we piggybacking off someone else's? I can prep the standard two no spread/spread pick 'ems.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:Bye Favre... ?
Well, ... indeed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll bet Vegas is pissed.

Savvy gamblers probably threw some bets down when they boosted the odds on the Vikings after the erroneous reports of his retirement.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I'll bet Vegas is pissed.

Savvy gamblers probably threw some bets down when they boosted the odds on the Vikings after the erroneous reports of his retirement.
Anyone who really thought he was retiring doesn't deserve to be called a gambler.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's the point, Vegas thought he was retiring and changed the odds on all the NFC teams.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Why couldn't he have gone fishing with that famous congressman (or whoever) from Alaska. Back with my Vikes, Asshole better do good.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

unkbill wrote:Why couldn't he have gone fishing with that famous congressman (or whoever) from Alaska. Back with my Vikes, Asshole better do good.
Was sitting in the bar last night listening to all the sports folk redo their NFL predictions because of his "return." Who, honestly, who in the fuck thought he wasn't going for another season? Also has the effect of raising expectations through the roof. Anything less than a Super Bowl is going to seem disappointing.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I was kind of happy to see that Jake did well on his first drive with the the Browns. Even if it was the preaseason, and didn't mean anything, now that he is off my team I wish nothing but the best for him and whatever team he plays on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Pick Em, Survivor, and Payroll games:
Pick Em

Survivor

Payroll Challenge

Group name: one man to beat
password: coach

Edited By TheCatt on 1283967095
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sit/Start WR decision, Week one.

Steve Smith (NYG) @ Carolina
or
Percy Harvin (MIN) @ New Orleans

I kind of want to start Percy, so I don't have to start Smith and root for him scoring against my home town team.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Would go Steve over Percy.