NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I’m happy. Can’t say I’m an o-line expert but they didn’t try and get cute and took what they need. Solid and needed pick
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Can’t say I’m an o-line expert but they didn’t try and get cute and took what they need. Solid and needed pick
That's what I always say about unsexy picks. The skill players don't mean shit without the hogs protecting them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Packers trade up for a QB in the first round? That'll piss off Rodgers.

Meanwhile, they don't have a receiving corps...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'm enjoying the free advertising for OSU Football during this draft.
SEC got 3 of the top 5 picks. That's the headline :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

SF trades No. 13 to TB for No. 14
The San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers flipped first-round draft picks, with the Bucs moving up from No. 14 to No. 13 and the 49ers sliding back to No. 14. The 49ers also acquired a fourth-round pick (No. 117 overall) in the deal while sending Tampa Bay a seventh-round selection (No. 245 overall). The Buccaneers used the pick to draft Iowa tackle Tristan Wirfs, while the 49ers picked South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw at No. 14. The No. 13 pick was originally acquired by the 49ers from the Indianapolis Colts on March 16 as part of a deal for All-Pro defensive tackle DeForest Buckner.
I'm not the footballiest person in football land, but why do you trade picks right next to each other?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ha! ESecPN will never stop promoting their own business interests.

The facts though are that I think Miami U. once had close to 15 guys taken in the 1st round years ago. Also, the school with the most first round picks of all time? Ohio State. Most first round busts? The SEC.
TheCatt wrote: I'm not the footballiest person in football land, but why do you trade picks right next to each other?
That confused the shit out of me as well. The only explanation is that TB thought the 49ers were taking the guy they wanted and this was a bribe to stop that from happening.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The only explanation is that TB thought the 49ers were taking the guy they wanted and this was a bribe to stop that from happening.
I guess. But... good for SF if they weren't.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: TheCatt wrote:
Source of the post I'm not the footballiest person in football land, but why do you trade picks right next to each other?

That confused the shit out of me as well. The only explanation is that TB thought the 49ers were taking the guy they wanted and this was a bribe to stop that from happening.
Or they thought another team was trying to jump in front of them to take the player they wanted. The Bears gave up a 3rd and a 4th i believe to go from 3 to 2 and took Mitch Trubiski a couple years ago. That trade was also with the 49ers, maybe the 9ers are good at convincing the team behind them someone else is talking to them. Shrewd moves
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Or they thought another team was trying to jump in front of them to take the player they wanted.
Fair. 49ers are good at this game, apparently.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This guy made news last night. Picked by Dallas, his girlfriend wearing a cocktail dress, and then this phone snatch on national TV.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I hope JK Dobbins falls to the Steelers. Hell, I'd be ok if they traded up to get him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Osu house elf?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Wait, the actor?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea what you're on about.

The online draft shattered ratings records.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Prescott's older brother dies.

I really hope it wasn't C-19 related because if it was, and he was at the party Dak just threw...

Not sure who could live with that guilt.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have no idea what you're on about.

The online draft shattered ratings records.
I've been drinking. His name reminds me of that Harry Potter elf, or the actor jk Simmons.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Please no Dobbins for the Steelers! But that would be a Steeler move..

I’m hoping browns go safety. Chinn, Delpit or Winfield would make me happy.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If ATL doesn't take Dobbins (they will), then he will fall to the Steelers as the Jets don't need him.

Don't worry though, Tomlin will fuck it up and take someone from a doormat school.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Oh shit, Falcons skipped him.

If the Steelers don't take JK, I'll hate Tomlin that much more.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Uh oh. Did the Seattle just trade up to take Dobbins?? :shock:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!