NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Lots of buzz about Trent Williams getting traded soon. My guess, Cleveland or Tampa has him by time the draft starts tomorrow..
I'm sad he's leaving.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Probably TB. I have a feeling they're going all in on this year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Madden curse starts early this year.

Falcons tried to trade up for Chase Young.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Falcons tried to trade up for Chase Young.
I always wonder about these rumours. Especially given the lack of details. Like, what did ATL offer? Their #16 and a 3rd?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
I always wonder about these rumours. Especially given the lack of details. Like, what did ATL offer? Their #16 and a 3rd?
That probably wouldn't be enough.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
That probably wouldn't be enough.
There is some history with Falcons GM Dimitroff making a big trade up in the draft. They went from 27 to 6 in a trade with the Browns to take Julio Jones, great trade for the Browns by the way... So i don't think its outta the question, but a 3rd wouldn't be nearly enough.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Catt what do you feel is fair trade deal for Trent Williams? Interested what a Skins fan thinks. I know they wanted a #1 last year but i'm pretty sure that's not happening.

I'd give a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. And that next years 3rd needs conditions, like he needs to play 12 games or else that 3rd goes to a 6th or something like that. I don't think the Skins have much leverage right now, he doesn't wanna be there and he's got health problems.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Catt what do you feel is fair trade deal for Trent Williams? Interested what a Skins fan thinks. I know they wanted a #1 last year but i'm pretty sure that's not happening.
Definitely a #1 + some lower round depending on which #1.
Stranger wrote: I'd give a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year
Meh
Stranger wrote: he doesn't wanna be there and he's got health problems.
Nothing keeping him from playing.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

This is so interesting, because i'm sure you're thinking like the Skins front office while i'm thinking like any potential trade suitors are. While i can certainly undestand the Skins saying, "he a proven pro-bowl left tackle you can plug in day one and there will be nobody better you can put in right away that will match his play"

But then i see other teams going, "Well, he's 32, hasn't played a full 16 games in quite a few years and his contract is enormous. Not to mention he won't play for you guys so you can sit on him and get nothing if you wish"

Very interesting, but i don't see any 1st rounders going for him. There may be 4 tackles taken in the top 10 tonight, why not just take the young guy? But i'd certainly like Trent as the Browns tackle even though there are some red flags there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: But then i see other teams going, "Well, he's 32, hasn't played a full 16 games in quite a few years and his contract is enormous. Not to mention he won't play for you guys so you can sit on him and get nothing if you wish"
That's fine. Fuck him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm enjoying the free advertising for OSU Football during this draft.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm enjoying the free advertising for OSU Football during this draft.
lol

If Chase Young busts, you owe me money, or something. At least, nudes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm enjoying the free advertising for OSU Football during this draft.
SEC got 3 of the top 5 picks. That's the headline :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but top 5, this has pretty much gone as expected.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Please let Isiah Simmons be there at 10.. then trade for Trent. I’d consider the draft a home run
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Well that lasted about 30 seconds
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If Chase Young busts, you owe me money, or something. At least, nudes.
For the last time I will not send you nudes!

Chase Young won't bust.
TheCatt wrote: So, correct me if I'm wrong, but top 5, this has pretty much gone as expected.
I think that 4th pick was the right position, but the player chosen was a surprise.
Stranger wrote: Please let Isiah Simmons be there at 10.. then trade for Trent. I’d consider the draft a home run
Nope.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Wirfs, Wills or Beckton. Prolly looking at a trade back now
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Wills it is.

Happy?