NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: i can't believe you shit on your coach like this. He's only held together a locker room that had the 3B's and pretty damn well too, only after he left the Steelers did you see Brown's true colors. I'd say he did well in keeping alot in house through all of that.

Never had a losing season.

Has revitalized a bad defense and is winning with his backup and 3rd string QB's. What more can you ask for?? I mean yeah, he looses to the Pats in big games, but who doesn't?? Be careful in what you wish for because you too could be reeling in the never ending cycle of Pat Shurmurs, Hue Jacksons, and Freddy Kichens..

I'm sure the coaching disparity will be on full display tonight.. In what should be a grind it out AFC north November game Freddy will be going 5WR, throwing 40 times and leaving Baker and our shitty tackles exposed to Watt, Dupree and gang. When he should be running Chubb and Hunt 40 times, keeping the game close and making their backup QB win the game. Its not rocket science but i swear to God Freddy will do some un-explainable stupid shit that will cost us the game because he's trying to get cute with his play calling.
This is why I said, "Smoke and Mirrors".

People who don't follow the Steelers just look at the record and general news and think, "What a great coach!". I'm here to explain to you that he's not. He's only a good coach if you're a fan of mediocrity. Which, being a long suffering Cleveland fan, you probably would be thrilled with.

This is Tomlin's 13th season as the Steelers' head coach:
-Tomlin inherited Cowher's entire coaching staff minus Whisenhut and, I believe, Russ Grimm.
-Tomlin won the Super Bowl in his second year with a roster full of HOFers and Pro Bowlers. Still won by the skin of his teeth thanks to a miracle Harrison 100 yard INT return with no time left and a miracle catch by Santonio Holmes.
-In his 4th year he lost to Green Bay in the Super Bowl with mostly that same roster.
-6 division titles in the 13 years (he's not winning one this year).
-4 2nd place finishes.
-2 3rd place finishes...with a HOF QB...in a division with the Browns and Bengals...
-He has missed the playoffs 4 times with a HOF QB. (This year is TBD.)
-His overall playoff record is 8-7. Think about that for a second. Seriously, do the math. 12-4=8. 8 years out of 12 appearing in the playoffs with a HOF QB, and especially early on, a ton of other HOFers and Pro Bowlers? Ok, I'm sure you're thinking "bad breaks, injuries, etc.", but how many times has Brady missed the playoffs? How many times did Manning? Anyway, 8 years making the playoffs, with 2 super bowl appearances, and his overall record is 8-7. What does that tell you about every other year?
-During his tenure all of Cowher's coaches have left, including the league's best O linemen coach for a parallel move to the fucking Titans. What does that tell you about Tomlin?
-He's 3-7 versus Belichick and 0fer against him in the playoffs.
-His teams are routinely unprepared not only for big games, but also for games against sub-.500 teams.
-He is routinely out coached, but his players DO play hard for him.
-I believe he might have won his first coach's challenge since 2015 this year, but I'm not positive about that.
-He tried to fucking trip a player during a game. That was the most inexcusable thing I've ever seen an NFL head coach do.
-There are reports throughout Pittsburgh that he's an entitled asshole and whispers of racism.
-His locker room is completely undisciplined.
-Routinely mismanages the clock.

I wouldn't hate Tomlin if he was a terrible coach. He has some upside. I think he is able to fire up his players. I think he can, at times, stay out of the way of his coordinators. However, I'll never get over him trying to trip a player during a game.

I also know that he's simply mediocre. It's that fucking mediocrity I, and many Steelers fans, are sick of. We're sick of the 1 and dones after great seasons. We're sick of the inconsistency. We're sick of the lack of discipline. We're sick of hearing stories about preferential treatment for players.

No other HC does less with more outside of San Diego.

I mean, you talk about him like he handled AB the right way, and honestly, you're wrong. He enabled AB. He allows some players to get away with murder. That's why coaches and players have left. That's why the minority owners in Pittsburgh want him fired. Tomlin is not a great leader of men.

He has a winning record this year with 5 wins and only 2 of them were against winning teams. 1 of them had their starting QB go down in the first quarter and lost when their HOF kicker missed a chip shot. The other winning team is crumbling and only 1 game over 500.

Smoke and mirrors.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Tomlin > Jason Garrett
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tomlin > Jason Garrett
I’m not sure I would argue that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

At least three Browns are going to be getting calls from the league this week and it's not even halftime.

Rudolph is just awful. I wonder if it's him or coaching...

So far, Freddie Soup Kitchens is out coaching Mike "Never had a losing season" Tomlin.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Steelers are missing so many players
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Indeed. That's the excuse he'll be given, and there's merit to it.

They simply aren't well coached though. It's obvious all over the field.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Will Kaep be a Steeler by next week? It's possible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Going to be a couple suspended Browns after this game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Wow. Miles Garrett is a massive sack of shit. He should be arrested. That's assault with a weapon. (And yes, there is legal precedent for such a thing.)

Pouncey should rightly get fined and suspended and well for punching and kicking Garrett in retaliation.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

What the fuck kind of ending was that???! I can’t believe Garrett would do that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Absolutely terrible ending. Two poorly disciplined teams.

The NFL has to be embarrassed. I hope they drop the hammer on everyone involved.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

My respect for Baker just went up. Post game he said Garrett's actions were inexcusable.

Between injuries, helmet to helmet hits, punches, and assault with a deadly weapon, how many people are going to miss games via suspension or injury?

What's the record because this game might beat it.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Took a dinner break bad came back to post game showing replay of the Garrett fight. Holy crap. Connected on his head for sure. Never would have expected he’d do that.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Yet he didn’t retaliate against some common citizen that sucker punched him in the face?

And why do that to poor Mason Rudolph? I mean where was that attitude when Ben played?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I’m guessing 4 game minimum suspension.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my... First of all though: Why was Rudolph trying to rip Garrett's helmet off in the first place? And why did he then charge after Garrett before the hit?

Garrett' fucked up, I'd guess 6 games. Pouncey has to get some games. But Rudolph wasn't innocent, he's just weaker than Garrett.

A whole lot of fines, too.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Why was Rudolph trying to rip Garrett's helmet off in the first place?
My guess is that he didn't like the hit and sack attempt and drag down on basically a give up play at the end of the game. I get it, but the Steeler's line gave up on the play and allowed Garrett to get in there untouched. I still can't defend Myles actions, its really out of character for him and that is just ugly to see.

Only the Browns can somehow make a win feel like a loss somehow.
Last edited by Stranger on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Only the Browns can somehow make a win feel like a loss somehow.
They just reclaimed their season in 2 games! And... now... goodbye
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I think Rudolph was pissed about how shitty he played, while Garrett was still in "full go" mode for some reason on basically a decided game's last play. I would have been fine with Garrett ripping off Rudolph's helmet in retaliation, but once he swung it...

A lot of the talking heads are saying Garrett should get a record breaking punishment, and I have to agree. I was only half kidding when I said earlier that he should be arrested. It has happened before in baseball and hockey where players used equipment as weapons and were arrested.

And yes, it boggles my mind that a fan punched him in the face, and he did nothing, yet Rudolph pulled on his helmet and Garrett tries to murder him.

Stranger, make sure you read my wall of text about Tomlin (top of this page, 425) that was a response to you asking why I bash him.