NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe Cleveland should hire Gruden, cuz this ain’t working.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I’m hoping this is just him trying to prove he’s not racist, before hiring someone good
I've heard two theories:
1. Snyder is doing Rooney a favor. The Steelers fan base and MSM is starting to turn on Tomlin and Snyder is helping Rooney defend not firing Tomlin.
2. The Skins' people have heard rumors of Tomlin being on thin ice or being ready to leave because Big Ben is about done and he knows the team he put together is in a bad way.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Maybe Cleveland should hire Gruden, cuz this ain’t working.
To be fair, SF is coming off a bye.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I’m hoping this is just him trying to prove he’s not racist, before hiring someone good
I've heard two theories:
1. Snyder is doing Rooney a favor. The Steelers fan base and MSM is starting to turn on Tomlin and Snyder is helping Rooney defend not firing Tomlin.
2. The Skins' people have heard rumors of Tomlin being on thin ice or being ready to leave because Big Ben is about done and he knows the team he put together is in a bad way.
Why would they do #1”? Also, why would they do #2? Ugh.

Redskins are 3.5 pt favorites over a college football team next week.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Maybe Cleveland should hire Gruden, cuz this ain’t working.
To be fair, SF is coming off a bye.
Right now the Browns are staring at 8-8, helped by games against the Jets, Fins, and 2xBengals + 2xSteelers (which I assume they'll split)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Why would they do #1”? Also, why would they do #2? Ugh.
#1 if Rooney and Snyder are friends.
#2 because they're Washington.
TheCatt wrote: Right now the Browns are staring at 8-8, helped by games against the Jets, Fins, and 2xBengals + 2xSteelers (which I assume they'll split)
They don't look awesome. Baker definitely doesn't look good, but I think a lot of it has to do with that porous line. Whatever happened to OBJ?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: if Rooney and Snyder are friends
Who would be friends with Snyder? :)
Leisher wrote: Baker definitely doesn't look good, but I think a lot of it has to do with that porous line.
Time to give a bunch of picks to the Skins for Williams!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Who would be friends with Snyder?
Another billionaire.
TheCatt wrote: Time to give a bunch of picks to the Skins for Williams!
Honestly, that might be smart. However, Dorsey, the Browns GM, traded their all-pro guard before the season for...I don't remember who. Stranger, do you know? So, I'm not certain Dorsey is smart enough to realize the game begins and ends in the trenches.

P.S. I'm writing emails to Snyder and Allen pretending to be a Skins fan and praising the Mike Tomlin choice. I'm telling them to throw the bank at him! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Another billionaire.
But Snyder's a special kind of asshole.
Leisher wrote: P.S. I'm writing emails to Snyder and Allen pretending to be a Skins fan and praising the Mike Tomlin choice. I'm telling them to throw the bank at him!
I hate you.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Time to give a bunch of picks to the Skins for Williams!
OH Boy, we could really use a left Tackle right now. I'm sure most Browns fans would be ok with a trade for Trent right about now.
Leisher wrote: I don't remember who. Stranger, do you know
I'm quite certain this is just a joke, right?

Honestly, i see coaching as a problem right now, Freddy looks lost out there. He needs to give up play calling and just concentrate on being a head coach. For Christ sake, he was just a RB coach 10 months ago and now he's trying to pull off the dual task that only the best coaches can pull off..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh snap. I didn't get Leisher's joke at all.
Combining two separate deals into one, the Browns landed Beckham and Pro Bowl pass rusher Olivier Vernon in exchange for offensive guard Kevin Zeitler, safety Jabrill Peppers and two draft picks, including Cleveland’s 2019 first-rounder.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Oh snap. I didn't get Leisher's joke at all.
Combining two separate deals into one, the Browns landed Beckham and Pro Bowl pass rusher Olivier Vernon in exchange for offensive guard Kevin Zeitler, safety Jabrill Peppers and two draft picks, including Cleveland’s 2019 first-rounder.
I wish I could take credit, but I honestly forgot. It was a legit question. Now I feel bad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Tomlin was asked about the Redskins vacancy, but basically gave a non answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So not an outright "No way!"?

Fingers are crossed!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So not an outright "No way!"?

Fingers are crossed!
The sports reporter for the WSJ calls them "Dan Snyder's Washington Sadness Machine" which isn't wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I just created a Twitter account pretending to be a huge Redskins fan. I'm now tweeting at Tomlin that the Steelers don't appreciate him and he needs to prove the world wrong by turning around Washington.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I just created a Twitter account pretending to be a huge Redskins fan. I'm now tweeting at Tomlin that the Steelers don't appreciate him and he needs to prove the world wrong by turning around Washington.
I really hate you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You should. Although Miami is probably getting really pissed at you and Cincy not yet winning.
Miami + Jets obviously play each other twice. Each also plays the Redskins once. So.. there's 4 great games to look forward to, NFL fans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Sherman says Mayfield dissed him at coin toss. Video says otherwise. He apologizes.

People make mistakes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sherman says Mayfield dissed him at coin toss. Video says otherwise. He apologizes.

People make mistakes.
I've seen that story referenced lately and I considered it a non-story even before the video came out.