NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Here's your weird fact of the day:
Brady is now 28-10 in the playoffs. However, he's only 3-4 on the road in the playoffs. (1 of those a tainted victory at Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game thanks to Spygate.)

Mark Sanchez, oh he of the butt fumble, has 4 playoff road wins...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Winning makes haters.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Winning makes haters.
Especially when you cheat.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Fournette going to war with Jags.

I side with the Jags here.

Fournette made a really stupid decision, and honestly, should have been suspended for FAR longer than a game.

That being said, a $7.1 million dollar fine is pretty steep.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers grab NC State's RB Coach.

Also revealed is the former RB coach's contract was not renewed and he was immediately grabbed by the Cardinals, he wasn't fired.

Have I mentioned lately that Mike Tomlin is an incompetent tit?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Here's a post that Stranger can masturbate to... (This is like a Steelers State of the Union, but there's an interesting Rooney Rule bit after all this if you're not interested in seeing what a circus my team has become.)

Steelers organization is a fucking shitshow right now.

The owner thinks we missed the playoffs due to turnovers and the kicking game.

The coaches are a shitshow that the fans have completely given up on and NOBODY can understand why Danny Smith Jr still has a job. (Seriously, every single talking head around the NFL cannot figure out why he hasn't been fired.)

Still no resolution to the AB situation.

One of the top local sports reporters is calling out the owner, in the city's biggest paper, for pretending Tomlin isn't the issue. (If you read one of these, this is the one.)

BB is admitting to a rift with Porter.

BB being called out for negatively affecting team chemistry. (To be fair, that's always been a criticism of him.)

Munchak is now out there talking about how he cannot believe how little the team succeeded despite the talent, and he stuck around hoping to take over after Tomlin, but didn't see anything changing.

Also, AB is on Twitter feuding with Emmanuel Sanders because ES called him out for his behavior. Bruce Arians also made headlines recently for calling out AB's behavior.

Shit. Show.

I truly, truly believe the Steelers are trapped with Tomlin because of the stupid Rooney Rule. (More on that in a second.) I think the Rooneys and the NFL are terrified of the PR backlash if they fire Tomlin. He'd be the first Steelers HC fired in decades. (Although, the reality is that Noll was forced to retired, so while he wasn't fired, he wasn't welcome to stay.) Tomlin being black and the Steelers being owned by the family whose name is right there in the Rooney Rule would give the MSM lots of headlines. NOT the sports media, but the hyper aggressive media people who don't give a fuck about sports until they see some "injustice" they can latch onto for clicks and views.

The one silver lining the Steelers fans are clinging to is Rooney declining to discuss a Tomlin contract extension. PB coaches get contract extensions when they have two years left on their deals. It's almost a tradition. People still think he'll get it, but Rooney could be tipping his hand to fans by publicly commenting in this manner.

I actually wonder if the Rooneys are just going to let Tomlin sink with the ship before the inevitable rebuild:
-They haven't fired Butler (the DC) even though he only has 1 year left on his contract and it's already confirmed it won't be renewed. That defense was baaaaaaaaad.
-They haven't fired Danny Smith Jr despite his special teams consistently being among the worst in the league. Look at Boswell's regression this year.
-Tomlin said there would be changes during his post season presser, yet all they did was fire Porter and not resign the RB coach. Rooney says coaching changes are over.
-BB is 1-3 years from calling it a career.
-AB is being a diva and at the point in a WR's career when stats start to decline.
-Bell is gone.
-The salary cap is in bad shape.
-Tomlin has completely failed to get any drafted QB to even competent backup standards.

In my mind, the question has become does Pittsburgh force Tomlin out when BB leaves or do they allow him to attempt the rebuild. If I was Tomlin, I'd bolt when BB does because he's going to get exposed like Jim Caldwell did when Manning went down for a season.

This is all maddeningly frustrating, but at least it's interesting. :D

In Rooney Rule news, check out this graphic:

Take away Tomlin's regular season record, and this goes to proving a point I was discussing earlier in this thread about how coaches aren't being setup to succeed.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

i've been furiously masturbating to the dysfunction in the Steelers organization for some time now, its great to see this happening to the evil empire and not my Browns for once.

But i can't fully release until that asshole Roethlisburger is gone. I don't care who's coaching, who's receiving or anything else when that prick is on the field the Steelers will still be a pain in the ass to whoever he's playing.

Also... i've been masturbating to Baker.. Love that dude!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Good for you:
The Steelers are a shit show.
The Bengals are the Bengals.
The Ravens are leaning on Lamar (who can't throw), clearly are thisclose to breaking up with Harbaugh, and just lost Newsome.

Meanwhile, the Browns are loaded with young talent on both sides of the ball and have cap space galore.

The division is the Browns' to lose.

The Bad for you:
The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes exist and they have a great coach.
The Colts are also young, have a franchise QB, and have $100M in cap space.
The Jets are a bit discombobulated, but have cap space and now good coaches. (and a weak division)
Everyone in the AFC South seems to be on the cusp of maintaining mediocrity or figuring out how to win.

I do personally think the Colts, Chiefs, and Browns will start dominating the AFC for the next 3-5 years. The Jets have an outside shot depending on Darnold, and of course, the Patriots will be around as long as Brady is and they have home field advantage. Some other team will rise up as well, but who? Raiders? Denver? Jacksonville with Foles/Haskins?

The Ugly for you:
If not now, WHEN?

I do NOT think this will happen, but if the Browns fail to become competitive now, I mean, where do you go from here? This is your nightmare scenario.

I won't lie to you, I will have to laugh if this happens because OIC. However, I think Dorsey was the key hire. He won't let it happen. Even if Kitchens doesn't work out Dorsey will help the ship keep going in the right direction.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I do personally think the Colts, Chiefs, and Browns will start dominating the AFC for the next 3-5 years.
!RmindMe 3 years - 12/31/2021
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I do personally think the Colts, Chiefs, and Browns will start dominating the AFC for the next 3-5 years.
!RmindMe 3 years
They do seem to be in the best positions to do so.

Who would you think?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who would you think?
I'm terrible at this game. But, I agree with the Chiefs, less so on the Colts and Browns. I think those are win the division once in the next 3 years teams. But, again, I wouldn't listen to me. Of those teams, the Colts have better chances. The Browns. I just cannot trust them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I give the Colts and Browns more of a chance due to the large salary cap space they both have.

I also get not trusting the Browns, but I really think they're on the way up now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: also get not trusting the Browns, but I really think they're on the way up now.
I mean, when you're the worst team in NFL, where else can you go? :)
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I also get not trusting the Browns
I still have a hard time trusting the Browns. Hell, just a week ago the whole fan base was on pins and needles thinking that Haslam was running the coaching search. When they went with Kitchens and Jimmy sat in the front row for Freddy's press conference and not on stage it showed Haslem is taking a step back and letting Dorsey run things. there was a big sigh of relief to see that.
TheCatt wrote: I mean, when you WERE the worst team in NFL, where else can you go?
fixed that for ya. :D
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: fixed that for ya.
1 year can be an aberration :) What are the Brown like, oh, past 15 years?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: What are the Brown like, oh, past 15 years?
i agree with you.. They WERE the worst team in football, by far.

But now, not so much.

Its funny because i've said many times. Once the Browns become good the fans will become the biggest dicks you've ever seen. We will make Steelers fans look like pussies. We've waited so long to be good that when we get the chance to talk shit, we will do it and its gonna be bad. You all may even hate us more than the Patriots.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: You all may even hate us more than the Patriots.
!RemindMe 1/1/2024
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Once the Browns become good the fans will become the biggest dicks you've ever seen.
I remember what assholes you all are.

I remember the dog pound throwing batteries at an unconscious official. That's why your franchise struggles. Football gods have determined your fan base doesn't deserve winning when you make Philly fans look classy. :D

I also remember being at Chad's watching the Steelers-Browns playoff game and when the Browns were up huge, several people were in my face to let me know. When the Steelers came back to win, I did not return the favor.

Act like you've been there before!

Seriously though, you know I'll pull for you idiots if you get to the Super Bowl. Plus, if your success can help us get rid of Tomlin, more power to you.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: !RmindMe 5 years
I LOL'd.. seriously
Leisher wrote: Act like you've been there before!
This is quite hard to do for a Browns fan.. in fact really hard, i was in high school the last time they won a playoff game, 24 years ago.

Were kinda like the high school kid that got laid for the first time.. we don't know how to act.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!