NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I mean, WTF? 6 red-zone drives, 3 points.
Tampa Bay turned the ball over four times, turning eight drives into the red zone into three total points.
Apparently I missed two?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Over 500 yards and only 3 points is fucking impressive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Hue is back in Cincy.

The Bell Saga timeline.

He has until 4 p.m. EST today to report or he forfeits the season and $14.5 million dollars (highest salary for a RB this year by a lot). That also would mean the Steelers still retain his rights.

Word on the street is he won't report. That means the Steelers can franchise tag him next year for less money, and get better compensation if someone else signs him for more. That number would be in the $10-12 million range.

The only way any of this makes sense for Bell is if someone else pays off the $14.5M he left sitting there. What are the odds that happens? He's got 2 drug suspensions already. He's been injured and missed games more than once. He plays behind, arguably, the #1 O line in the NFL. He's on one of the best offenses in the league with a HOF QB, a probable HOF WR, and several other high value skill players. The Steelers score MORE points per game whenever Bell has been out. His replacement has better stats than any Bell season. Not to mention all the drama.

Will someone sign him? Absolutely.
Will they give him the money he thinks he deserves? (He wants #1 RB AND #1 WR pay.) That's a lot of baggage and question marks, and what team is only a RB away from contending?

Bell needs to fire his agent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, he played a game, and lost.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I voted for Josh Allen.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ha!

I did vote for one Brown! The punter! Nobody else has punted as many times as him. Plus, he's in that awesome commercial.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

They didn't let me vote for Peterman, I assume cuz he lost his job today
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Nobody named Nathan Peterman will ever be a legendary athlete.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Nobody named Nathan Peterman will ever be a legendary athlete.
But he could be a legendary importer/exporter.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

What does he import and export?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What does he import and export?
Kinda a Seinfeld reference.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's where I was going with it. "Long matchsticks"

4 p.m. EST, no LeVeon signing.

In his own words:

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's where I was going with it. "Long matchsticks"
Ah, sorry.

Don't you mean chips?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I dont know if I should dislike Bell more (easy) or his agent. Or both. That's an option.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I hear Bell got a 17 on the Wunderlic, so maybe he gets a pass for stupidity?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I took a sample wonderlic. I didn't realize it was timed, or I would have gone faster. https://footballiqscore.com/wonderlic-s ... eveon-bell

I got 43, which I think means I got all 43 that I did right.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The shitty existence of practice squad players.

The NFLPA should fight for these guys during the next negotiations. At the very least, you'd think teams could house them and give them 3 meals a day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

This season, a practice squad player in California who is employed all six weeks of training camp and all 17 weeks of the regular season — a highly unusual situation — makes around $88,000 after taxes: $7,600 a week before taxes during the regular season, and $1,075 (rookies) or $1,900 (veterans) before taxes during camp. The problem is, while they’re playing, practice squad players have no sense of how much of that $88,000 they’ll actually make; most have to move at some point during the season, whether they’re signed to a new team or get cut and have to move home, which adds another impossible-to-plan-for expense.
Yeah, $100k in 5 months sounds great, except you have no idea if it'll keep coming each week, you have to get familiar with a new city, etc.

A practice squad player for the Redskins showed up on reddit's personalfinance forum this year. I gave him advice, but he never responded to me or anyone else, so no idea what happened to him.