NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Ughhhhhh. That sums last night up.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Saints sign Dez
And his season is over.
Oh *snap*
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bell won't report at all.

Good riddance, and good luck to any team foolish enough to give him a big money contract.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

True story: if you lose 3 /5ths of your starting O-line, your team will suck
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: True story: if you lose 3 /5ths of your starting O-line, your team will suck
Sadly, been there. It's easy to accept your team being shitty. It's hard to accept it when they were on a roll, but start falling apart due to injuries.

Meanwhile, Vrabel might be on track for some head coaching awards. They pulled out the QB pass that Brady failed to catch in the SB! Mariotta caught in on the Patriots' sideline. In your face!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Also, somehow the Browns kick the Falcons ass today. Nice too see
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Today was a serious WTF day.

Tampa Bay 480 yds + 28 1st downs. 3 points.

Tampa's 1st drive, all the way down the field: INT in the end zone
3rd Drive: get to the redzone, settle for 27 yard FG: miss
4th Drive: Redzone again, settle for FG: Make it
6th Drive: Redzone AGAIN, get pushed back, settle for FG: miss
7th Drive: Interception on 1st play.
8th Drive: Tampa RB to the Redskins 19, and fumbles.
9th Drive: Redzone AGAIN, 2 yard line, Fitzpatrick strip-sacked, Redskins recover.

I mean, WTF? 6 red-zone drives, 3 points.

Titans 34, NE 10 - WTF Part 2?

Browns 28, Falcons 16: Still WTF - Part 3.

Bills 41, Jets 10: WTF - Part 4
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Against the Redskins, the Buccaneers produced 501 yards but scored just three points. According to Elias, the Bucs are the first team in NFL history with 450-plus total yards and three or fewer points.
I was wondering about most yards with 3 pts or fewer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Go Cowboys, I guess.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eagles lead the division with 22 pts/game, 21st in the NFL. Ugh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eagles call two TOs with Dallas in poor field position prior to the end of 2nd half. (Cowboys out of TOs) Then Cowboys string together a few good plays, TD.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Those teams did not look like Super Bowl contenders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Those teams did not look like Super Bowl contenders.
Nope, and now both are 4-5, 2 games behind the Redskins. I did like Zeke's hurdling, though.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

It really looks like the Browns have finally hit a home run in last years draft.

Either Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield or Nick Chubb have won the NFL rookie of the week award 6 of 9 weeks this year.

With Chubb getting 200+ yds and 2 TDs and Mayfield going 17-20 with 3 TDs and a 151 QB rating i'm sure one of those guys will win it again this week making it 7 of 10 weeks.

The future is looking bright for once.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

There is life in Cleveland, but don't get your hopes up too high. Seems like every time something goes right, something else goes wrong.

I figure Big Ben is a lock for AFC player of the week with 5 TD passes and only 3 incompletions.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mark Davis is finally revealing the other side of the Kahlil Mack trade.

Got to say, if what he says is true, I agree with the Raiders. I'd rather have a bunch of good players on decent contracts than one great player on a roster breaking contract.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My current hope: Redskins clinch the NFC East, draw the 4th seed. Vikings get the 1st wild card, 5th seed. Visit the Redskins and LOSE.

Odds of this happening: low... for many reasons.