NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

WTF Browns. First qtr of the early games and I'm already looking really bad because I'm against the Steelers defense, who is FEASTING. Two punt blocks and and a return TD, 0 allowed points. Probably a sack or two as well.

Fuck off with this shit. How can you be this uncompetitive?
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Really? I'm starting Pittsburgh in the catt league. Sweet.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Malcolm wrote: Really? I'm starting Pittsburgh in the catt league. Sweet.
I guess the Browns QB finally hit his stride, they have 7pts now and some first downs. Hopefully more. Fuck you.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Hmm, I also have Kizer in that league, too. Is it possible I pulled another Barnidge and found the only spot on the Cleveland offense that doesn't completely suck?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh hey, Cousins sucks as badly as I've been saying for years.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

At least games are ending earlier, guess those moves to cut down commercials and speed up the game worked.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

DAMN! totally winnable game vs the Steelers... punt block for a TD on the first drive of the game ended up being the game changer. Defense was REALLY solid, Bell had NO room to run all day and was smothered the whole game. For the most part Ben couldn't get into a rhythm and Brown made some spectacular catches that made the difference. All in all, Kizer as a rookie was solid and he looks like he belongs, i'm happy even though my Browns lost.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Panthers reading pretty good so far vs the 49ers. I can't watch, so reading the play by play mid flight is all I can do.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Panthers reading pretty good so far vs the 49ers. I can't watch, so reading the play by play mid flight is all I can do.
Looked pretty good, but SF isn't good, and couldn't covert some aggressive 4th down calls. Cam looked a little rough.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Winners and losers from week 1.

There were tons of fantasy injuries, but the shots of the stadiums in California...wow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

If 33 had played the ball, instead of the Raider, Titans might've recovered this: https://www.clippituser.tv/c/bwymey
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: DAMN! totally winnable game vs the Steelers... punt block for a TD on the first drive of the game ended up being the game changer. Defense was REALLY solid, Bell had NO room to run all day and was smothered the whole game. For the most part Ben couldn't get into a rhythm and Brown made some spectacular catches that made the difference. All in all, Kizer as a rookie was solid and he looks like he belongs, i'm happy even though my Browns lost.
Your defense played well, and Kizer wasn't a disaster, but don't take all the credit. Bell is out of football shape and it's the talk of Steeler Nation today. He had no business being on the field. Jesse James and Big Ben both going off on the coaching staff is also big news. They called six fucking screens in a row, and all those damn penalties. Tomlin wants to blame the refs, but HE'S the reason why the team is so undisciplined. How many first downs did the Steelers D hand the Browns? they gifted them that last TD, so let's call that a wash with the blocked punt.

Steelers are the worst coached team in the league. Fuck Mike Tomlin.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

That contract extension just keeps on getting funnier.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

David Johnson owners, the football gods just had a laugh at your expense.
Coach Bruce Arians told reporters that running back David Johnson dislocated his wrist in Sunday's 35-23 loss to the Lions.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the All Pro is expected to miss an extended period of time due to the injury. Johnson will receive a second opinion, but he's a candidate to be placed on injured reserve.

Chalk it up as a crushing loss for a Cardinals offense that saw quarterback Carson Palmer throw a trio of killer picks in a game many believed Arizona would handle with ease.
I swear David Johnson was half their offense last year. Fitzy was another 25%. The other 25% was a random grab bag of garbage/sleeper players including Michael Floyd, Jaron Brown, and John Brown. Going to be a rough season in the desert.

On the other hand, the Vikes beat the Saints. Cue the playoff hopes that fade by week 6.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The best joke I saw this weekend was in that winners and losers link I posted (I think). It had a clip of the Browns' first punt of the year getting blocked and the caption was "After their first punt of the year is blocked, the Browns have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs."
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote: DAMN! totally winnable game vs the Steelers... punt block for a TD on the first drive of the game ended up being the game changer. Defense was REALLY solid, Bell had NO room to run all day and was smothered the whole game. For the most part Ben couldn't get into a rhythm and Brown made some spectacular catches that made the difference. All in all, Kizer as a rookie was solid and he looks like he belongs, i'm happy even though my Browns lost.
Your defense played well, and Kizer wasn't a disaster, but don't take all the credit. Bell is out of football shape and it's the talk of Steeler Nation today. He had no business being on the field. Jesse James and Big Ben both going off on the coaching staff is also big news. They called six fucking screens in a row, and all those damn penalties. Tomlin wants to blame the refs, but HE'S the reason why the team is so undisciplined. How many first downs did the Steelers D hand the Browns? they gifted them that last TD, so let's call that a wash with the blocked punt.

Steelers are the worst coached team in the league. Fuck Mike Tomlin.
Well, i wouldn't totally blame Bell for not having a good day. If you watched the game then you would see the O-line was getting blown off the ball at the point of attack, he had no where to go. The backup RB had the same results, i'd blame the O-line on the lack of running game.

And i'm not sure what you are talking about when we were "gifted" the last TD. Was it one of the 5 dirty ass helmet to helmet unsportsmanlike pentalies? Or how about when Ben grabbed onto one of the DE ankles after a pick and basically tried to brake his ankle, ref standing right there didnt' even call that one.. Steelers played dirty cause the Browns were pushing them around for once and they didn't like it.

Infact i found a quote by a Steelers fan on Reddit that said the following to the Browns fans.
I honestly just want to apologize for those stupid plays yesterday made by Shazier, Gay, Wilcox and especially Ben. That's not football. It's absolutely embarrassing and dissappointing to see players on my team do that and there's no excuse for them. Its hypocritical for us to wish for a "clean game" against the Bungles like we did last year, and then go out and do that shit ourselves. I hope our players never play like that again, because there's no need for it. Have a good rest of your season, and see you again in December.
P.s I hate you guys
Also, if were going tit for tat then i'd say we "gifted" the Steelers a TD when Jamar Taylor got called for the most pathetic 40 yard pass interference call, really? no body contact at all, just a little hand jostling by both players. That was a free TD for the Squeelers.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Well, i wouldn't totally blame Bell for not having a good day. If you watched the game then you would see the O-line was getting blown off the ball at the point of attack, he had no where to go. The backup RB had the same results, i'd blame the O-line on the lack of running game.
Bell is not in football shape. He's not ready. Every football expert in the world took that away from the game. But we'll go with the O line was dominated.
Stranger wrote: And i'm not sure what you are talking about when we were "gifted" the last TD. Was it one of the 5 dirty ass helmet to helmet unsportsmanlike pentalies? Or how about when Ben grabbed onto one of the DE ankles after a pick and basically tried to brake his ankle, ref standing right there didnt' even call that one.. Steelers played dirty cause the Browns were pushing them around for once and they didn't like it.
That's EXACTLY what I was referring to and what I mentioned previously. Mike Tomlin is a piece of shit human being and coach. A team is a reflection of their coach's personality. This team has no discipline. It's something I've been harping on for years. He blames the refs for the penalties. I, and many other fans, blame him. He's the asshole who tried to trip a player during a game. Fucking think about that for a minute. If he wasn't black he would have been thrown out of the league for life.

Oh, and that Ben thing, you're watching that through Browns colored glasses. That dude shoved Ben down unnecessarily. Ben retaliated. He shouldn't have and it's no excuse, but let's not pretend your D lineman wasn't being a bitch ass.
Stranger wrote: Also, if were going tit for tat then i'd say we "gifted" the Steelers a TD when Jamar Taylor got called for the most pathetic 40 yard pass interference call, really? no body contact at all, just a little hand jostling by both players. That was a free TD for the Squeelers.
Lots of holding calls and push offs I didn't see flags on. Shit goes both ways. You know that. Don't be a homer.

Your team will be fine. They're currently on the right path and the other three teams in the division are on the decline. The Bengals are going back to being doormats, the Ravens will die with Flacco and aren't good as it is, and the Steelers will disappear from contention when Ben walks and they'll have to win with coaching. I'm pretty sure he's only here this year and then he's done. He fucking HATES Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley.

It's extremely difficult for me to root for the Steelers right now because I have such disdain for Mike Tomlin. I'd rather have you coaching the Steelers and I know you'd punt on first down. The organization is in a bad spot right now because there's so much talent, yet the coach is a turd. They can't fire him because he's black and they created the Rooney Rule and have had only 3 coaches since 1966 or whatever. Firing Tomlin would get them bad press despite all the players that would come out and say it was warranted.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Phew. Tuitt, who just signed a massive deal,
isn't out for the season and can play Sunday.

Overreacting power rankings

Steelers #1? I didn't realize Tomlin was replaced and/or Belicheck quit. If we play like we did Sunday, the Vikings will beat us.

Browns at #30? I don't think so. That defense was good and Kizer is not the abominations they've been rolling out. They might be better than the Bengals.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Steelers #1? Disagree.

Redskins #24 - Yeah.