MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mets player is a dumb-ass.
"I disagree with his lifestyle," he told NJ.com. "I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual."

He said he feels that way because he is "trying to surrender to Christ in my own life."

He said: "We love the people. We disagree (with) the lifestyle."

A convenient back door so someone can convince themselves they don't hate other people because of their actions, just the actions themselves. "Love the sinner and hate the sin," isn't a quote Christ is credited with, either. In any respect, you have specifically disagreed with the dude because he "is a homosexual," not because he does homosexual things.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rose files for reinstatement.

MLB's continued war against Pete Rose might be the stupidest thing in the history of sports.

The majority of players they celebrated in the 90s were cheating their asses off. No bans for them.

They just got done slapping the wrist of the most high profile cheater since Bonds. He got a one year suspension.

Rose bet on games, but there's never been any proof he tried to influence the games. Again, this was when he was a coach, not a player.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They'll lift the ban when he's on his deathbed. Maybe not even then.
The majority of players they celebrated in the 90s were cheating their asses off. No bans for them.
Steroids finally made it to baseball’s banned substance list in 1991, however testing for major league players did not begin until the 2003 season.

Probably cheating since at least the '70s. Way more than you'd like to think.

Former pitcher Tom House, drafted in 1967 and active in MLB from 1971-1978, has admitted to using "steroids they wouldn't give to horses" during his playing career. According to House, the use of performance-enhancing drugs was widespread at that time. He estimates that "six or seven" pitchers on every team were at least experimental users of steroids or human growth hormone, and says that after losses, players would frequently joke that they'd been "out-milligrammed" rather than beaten.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When I think of cheating in sports I think of: MLB, cycling, the New England Patriots, and the SEC.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Baseball continues its reign of having the most indecipherable, MC Escher-like drug policy in the history of sports.

Twins pitcher gone for 80 games because of juice.

On the flip side a career drunk and cokehead [url=http://www.postpioneer.com/local/baseba ... d-by-big-l

eague-baseball-h4496.html]gets let off[/url]. Even his own team is pissed.
Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will not be disciplined by Significant League Baseball for his latest difficulties involving cocaine and alcohol. Team officials responded by saying they were shocked and disappointed.

Angels basic manager Jerry Dipoto stated he disagrees with the ruling by an arbitrator appointed below MLB's joint drug system with the players' association. MLB stated earlier Friday that it disagreed with the ruling.

The joint drug system? That's priceless. But let me sum it up: MLB appointed an arbitrator. He made a decision that no one but the player and his union seem to like.

Edited By Malcolm on 1428174421
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

NY fans cheer cheater.

Edited By Malcolm on 1428351185
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Even his own team is pissed.
Team owner is glad he planned ahead.
Moreno also claimed that the Angels have language in Hamilton's contract protecting them against a relapse by the troubled outfielder. He said the team was exploring whether to use that protection, although he wasn't specific.

When your substance abuse problems are written into your contract, maybe you can't handle your chems.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pitcher throws glove to first.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Manager tells off media.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Rumblings of DH in NL. Fuck that.

Baseball fan points out the incredible insult to Willie Mays.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As long as MLB ignores the fact that players have been cheating their asses off since the 90s, I'll continue to ignore baseball.

I realize some level of cheating goes on everywhere, but baseball players are so blatant about it, and MLB just smiles and counts their money.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Record low attendance. Zero.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

A-Hole-Rod ties Willie. Yankees argue he's not due a milestone bonus because it's not a marketable event. To arbitration we go.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Barry "Juiceboy" Bonds plans to sue MLB. Why? He thinks there was a conspiracy to end his career prematurely.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If one dude has the talent, time, and number to pass up the juicers currently holding the MLB HR record, it's got to be Pujols. 35 years old (allegedly ... his country has a history of lying about the ages of young boys to get them baseball contracts), 536 home runs right now. He could play for another 6-7 years of DH in the AL. I think going past Bonds's 762 is possible, if not probable. Not a hint of a failed drug test, either.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Backup catcher from the Mariners outpitches the staff ace.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

FBI investigating Cardinals for hacking Astros.

Holy shit. This could turn into one of the bigger sports cheating scandals of all time.

Funny that it happened to the perpetually good St. Louis Cardinals who I've heard compared to the New England Patriots...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

According to the Times, the FBI believes that Cardinals officials gained access to the Astros' database by using a list of passwords associated with Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow dating to his tenure with the Cardinals from 2003 until he left for Houston after the 2011 season.

That's a generous definition of "hacking." Is it illegal and in bad form? Yeah, probably. But hacking? No way.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434472911