MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

If the season ended now the O's are in the playoffs! wooooo!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Tebow, 29, is now one shy of Michael Jordan's home run total with Class AA Birmingham in 1994.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was given Saturday off before he returned to the lineup Sunday. He finished the series against the GreenJackets 3-for-13 with five RBIs. He struck out five times and left 13 runners on base.
Malcolm

MLB

Post by Malcolm »

Otis Nixon may or may not be dead.
According to the Woodstock PD, Nixon was last seen Saturday morning as he left his home in a gray 2011 Range Rover.

WSB-TV Atlanta reports that Nixon never arrived for a scheduled tee time at a local golf course. The former major-leaguer apparently left his home clad in all black and hasn't been heard from since.

In 2013, Nixon was in the news due to an arrest on charges of crack cocaine possession, though he claimed it belonged to his son.
Bonus points if you remember who the fuck Otis Nixon was.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Tebow's second homer in that three game series was also front page ESPN news. I think their Twitter reports every time he takes a shit.

And being a Braves fan, I remember Nixon.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Cuz we haven't talked Tebow in a while.
After his first month of Single-A ball, Tebow was batting .231. He had two homers and 21 strikeouts in 22 games.
Malcolm

MLB

Post by Malcolm »

So somewhere between Bo and Michael Jordan?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: So somewhere between Bo and Michael Jordan?
Bo was WAY above Jordan. Deion was pretty high up there too. Jordan was as big a sideshow as Tebow.
Malcolm

MLB

Post by Malcolm »

I still remember Bo's throw to gun down Harold Reynolds. Fucking superhuman.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

The extent of her injuries are unclear and she's retained an attorney.
???
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
The extent of her injuries are unclear and she's retained an attorney.
???
Right? Who the fuck is she going to sue?

In other news, watch this baseball play. It's one of the few that is actually interesting. You don't see this get pulled off successfully that often.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

You know those gimmicks teams do between innings to help fight the boredom of baseball? This might be the coolest one out there:

The Freeze
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

That's kinda fun, I would have loved that in my "prime." I ran 100m/200m in high school, was that white kid faster than he looked.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Love the first kid who started celebrating early and fell. You can see him legit say "Oh shit".