MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The Astros cheating scandal is not going away.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Astros cheating scandal is not going away.
Good. Fuck them all.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Expected to suspend season.

Apparently, the MSM was tipped off about this by a Houston Astro.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Expected to suspend season.

Apparently, the MSM was tipped off about this by a Houston Astro.
hah! Did anyone care?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Already weak "punishment" for the scapegoats of the Astros scandal gets even weaker.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Already weak "punishment" for the scapegoats of the Astros scandal gets even weaker.
At least the NCAA does show cause stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Judge rules against fantasy players in class action suit.

I don't understand the ruling. How could the Astros' actions NOT have affected the fantasy players?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Judge rules against fantasy players in class action suit.

I don't understand the ruling. How could the Astros' actions NOT have affected the fantasy players?
I think the type of ruling is maybe to keep an entire can of worms from opening up
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Judge rules against fantasy players in class action suit.

I think the type of ruling is maybe to keep an entire can of worms from opening up
I had that same thought, and I understand, but should we keep that can closed?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

I'm going to say yes. I just don't believe these people were materially, directly victims. They could see the improved stats just like the rest of us
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Planning to return in May.

Basically, the entire league would exist in isolation. All games would take place in Arizona. All players would be sequestered in hotels and only travel to and from games. No fans would attend games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Planning to return in May.

Basically, the entire league would exist in isolation. All games would take place in Arizona. All players would be sequestered in hotels and only travel to and from games. No fans would attend games.
Do it. Remind America baseball has no fans. :)

Sadly, that means baseball would dominate the sports news :(
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Remind America baseball has no fans.
Their fans are most at risk to the coronavirus...
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

MLB pitcher refuses to play unless he's given his full salary.

I get the C-19 argument, but this seems completely disingenuous. If you're so scared of the virus, why would you play for any amount?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: MLB pitcher refuses to play unless he's given his full salary.

I get the C-19 argument, but this seems completely disingenuous. If you're so scared of the virus, why would you play for any amount?
Snell, who was scheduled to make $7 million in 2020, said that he "love baseball to death" but is unwilling to accept multiple reductions of his salary.

No, no you do not. Neither literally nor figuratively.

Leisher wrote: If you're so scared of the virus, why would you play for any amount?

Exactly, this is bullshit.