MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He's highballing. But then again, it is the goddamn Yankees ***spit*** so they might actually pay it.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

ARod is suing MLB.

He didn't learn shit from Lance Armstrong.

I wish he'd go fuck himself and die.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He's making a really strong case to come down harder on motherfuckers after him, just so they don't tie up the legal system until they can retire.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bud Selig said today that he wants to do a farewell tour to say goodbye to fans and cities.

I think he's delusional about his popularity.

Oh, and fuck A-Rod, other players like him, and baseball writers who think people who cheat belong in the hall.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I think he's delusional about his popularity.

He's popular?

Oh, and fuck A-Rod, other players like him, and baseball writers who think people who cheat belong in the hall.

I fucking hate the way they elect players to the Hall of Fame.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Instant replay: in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

And seriously, thank goodness.

I've been saying for years that baseball games just aren't long enough.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:And seriously, thank goodness.

I've been saying for years that baseball games just aren't long enough.
Yeah, but unless you put a pitch clock to force pitchers to throw the ball and keep the batters from calling time out, nothing is going to speed the game considerably. At least they'll just go the the vid instead of arguing for 5-10 minutes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Even poker has a "clock".

Baseball needs to get with the times and do something.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The essence of baseball is "that shit will be done when it's fucking done." Still the only sport that won't let you end a game on a tie, unless the commish is being a douche at the All-Star game. If there's an earthquake, they will pick up on the exact fucking pitch they left off at after the shaking's done. The only real way to do it would be to edit out the dead time between pitches. But you don't see them cutting out the between play action during NFL games, do you?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

MLBPA wanted to boot A-Hole-Rod.
When union leaders said the move was not legal, reps continued to push the issue and not one player defended Rodriguez.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fuck the Yankees.
Tanaka has never thrown a pitch in the major leagues, the Yankees did not hesitate to offer him the fifth-largest contract ever for a pitcher.

Fuck.

Between outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Carlos Beltran, catcher Brian McCann and now Tanaka, the Yankees have expended $438 million in an effort to return to dominance. They've committed a total of $471 million this winter.

Them.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lesson 1: finding the right needle.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Foul bat.

Edited By Malcolm on 1401211315
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I like how the dude who was cowering then takes it from her.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Been a rough couple weeks for baseball fans who remember the era from the mid '70s up to the mid '90s.

Last Tuesday, Bob Welch dies. Former Cy young winner, last pitcher to win 27 games in a season.

Today, Tony Gwynn, one of the greatest hitters ever, died from cancer.
He had a .338 career batting average and never hit below .309 in any full season. Gwynn accumulated 3,141 career hits as a contact hitter.

Since Ted Williams broke the .400 barrier last in '41, the dude who's come closest to repeating that feat ... yup, Tony Gwynn, 1994, fucking .394. Sure, it was a shortened season. Still impressive considering the next closest average in recent history would've been George Brett in '80.

20 seasons played for the same team. Just goddamn.

Edited By Malcolm on 1402939803
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pete's back in the news because Selig's going to retire soon. I'll just take this opportunity to point out that Pete Rose was banned from baserball for life for gambling, but this dude has no such punishment.

Edited By Malcolm on 1402940162
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pete got railroaded.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Chief Wahoo on the hit list.