MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I'll bet he got laid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

19 year old didn't like his contract as a rookie in MLB, so he's heading to Japan for more money.

This is actually a big deal. I wonder if it'll seep over to the NBA?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 19 year old didn't like his contract as a rookie in MLB, so he's heading to Japan for more money.

This is actually a big deal. I wonder if it'll seep over to the NBA?
Instead, he agreed to a groundbreaking contract with the Hawks, who have won four of the past five Japan Series. Stewart is expected to finalize the deal by the end of May. Not only does Stewart stand to make more money during his six years in Japan than he would have with an MLB organization, he could potentially return to the United States as a 25-year-old free agent allowed to sign a long-term contract with any of MLB's 30 teams.
Good for him
!RemindMe 6/1/2025
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Almora hits drive that strikes 4 year old girl.

He's inconsolable until getting word from the security guard that she was conscious and responsive when taken away.

My respect for him as a person skyrocketed. I wouldn't be able to function either.

PAY FUCKING ATTENTION AT THE BALL PARK!!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

The rumour here in Boston Tuesday is that it was a paid hit due to Ortiz sleeping with a drug lord's wife.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

That's one way to get on base, I guess
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Mets celebrated their 1969 championship team this weekend. During that celebration, they did a memorial package for players from that team who have passed away.

They, unfortunately, included two people who are still alive.

Oops.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Verlander claims MLB juiced the balls for more offense this season.

The stats seem to back up his claim.
Well, MLB does need more excitement, but probably even more than this.

Maybe allow base runners to fight infieldmen?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

MLB commish denies it.

Meanwhile, last night's Home Run Derby had a record number of HRs, by a lot.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Royals were a good investment.
David Glass and his family on Friday announced the sale of the Kansas City Royals to an ownership group led by local entrepreneur John Sherman in a deal expected to be worth about $1 billion.
April 2000, when he purchased sole ownership of the franchise for $96 million
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Royals were a good investment.
David Glass and his family on Friday announced the sale of the Kansas City Royals to an ownership group led by local entrepreneur John Sherman in a deal expected to be worth about $1 billion.
April 2000, when he purchased sole ownership of the franchise for $96 million
13% return per year, compounded. Not shabby.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Baseball player gets offered $200M+ contract and turns it down.

Apparently, the market will be higher than that offer. Baseball salaries are out of fucking control.

An interesting and related tidbit: The 4 highest paid players in MLB this year each saw their teams miss the playoffs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

$30M a year for a baseball player? Wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Was out running errands and saw something about a must see game tonight between Oakland and Tampa Bay.

It, legit, took me about three minutes to realize they were talking about baseball. That's how little I give a fuck about that sport.

Baseball needs to do themselves a favor and end the season in August.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

How can we get more of the sports that matter and less of this crap?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »