MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

LOL.

Although, I have to say, all the tarps + eye masks ruin the fun of a champagne celebration.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Players who sign $300 million dollar contracts are upset teams aren't scrambling to grab them all.

Sure, it probably is owners colluding to bring down the price of free agents, but can you blame them? Ratings and attendance aren't exactly breaking records, and your overall popularity isn't even as good as the NBA's:

9% of the population list your sport as their favorite to watch. 7% list soccer. (Let that sink in...) Maybe instead of those contracts continuing to skyrocket, they need to come back to Earth and be more realistic?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Dear Frank Thomas,

Your pinball machine is easily one of the best ever. I enjoyed watching your baseball career.

However, I am really tired of your Nugenix commercials. Please stop.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

All Star Election Day.

Not sure I can think of anything that sounds more pointless.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Man paid millions to play child's game has fan ejected for being mean to him.

Listen, I'm 100% on board with tossing assholes who curse, use racial slurs, etc. There are kids and families there and those assholes ruin their experience.

However, what is with the thin skinned athletes and their war against criticism? It's not just fans, but the way they attack the media and each other. Any slight is seen as a dramatic personal attack.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Pro ball player is currently 0-44 in his last 44 at bats.

2 more ties the record.
Davis is in the fourth season of a $161 million, seven-year contract.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pro ball player is currently 0-44 in his last 44 at bats.

2 more ties the record.
Davis is in the fourth season of a $161 million, seven-year contract.
Yay Orioles!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Trump cancels deal that allowed MLB to sign Cubans.

I have no idea why. That's going to hurt Cuba. Expect more refugees.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Acuna's slide is hilarious.

WTF was he doing? Ha!

Don't watch the video at the top, scroll down to see the slide and his monster HR.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Acuna's slide is hilarious.

WTF was he doing? Ha!

Don't watch the video at the top, scroll down to see the slide and his monster HR.
That link is telling me to figure it out
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Fuck you CTRL+C!!!! No idea why sometimes that decides to just not work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fuck you CTRL+C!!!! No idea why sometimes that decides to just not work.
Probably user error
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Fuck you CTRL+C!!!! No idea why sometimes that decides to just not work.
Probably user error
I honestly thought it was me for a time, but I have specifically tested it and it will randomly fail sometimes.

I should be more vigilant in making sure the URL I post is the correct one.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

BTW, I did fix the link.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: BTW, I did fix the link.
TY, sir. So, stupid question, if you are running the bases and get hit by a throw, what is that? Ball still in play, and play continues?
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: TY, sir. So, stupid question, if you are running the bases and get hit by a throw, what is that? Ball still in play, and play continues?
If a fielder throws the ball and it hits the runner then the play continues as is. There have been many instances where a throw has gone off a runners helmet and went careening into the outfield and the runner just keeps on going.

On the other hand, if a runner interferes with a batted ball then the runner is out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Pitcher pitches a complete game shutout, Oh. And, he scored the only run on a solo HR