MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Braves former GM cheated and is banned for life.

The Braves sucked throughout his run. He's not a very good cheater.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The only baseball jersey I ever owned was Chipper Jones', so it's cool he made the Hall.

Even cooler knowing that a player who never used steroids got in on his first try, while Bonds was denied again.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

So i guess i'm racist because of my avatar photo...

Funny thing is, the team will still sell Chief Wahoo merchandise and you will probably now see even more fans wearing their Chief Wahoo gear at games now. So american Indians can now be insulted even more because its going to be shoved in their faces more than ever now.

This is bullshit, Chief Wahoo is an iconic logo thats been around for over 70 years!

I hope the team does a "Win one for the Chief" season and wins the whole damn thing this year!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I'm honestly torn here.

On one hand, that's a really red face and probably insulting caricature of native Americans. If it was a black guy would he be midnight black and have a hair pick?

On the other, calling your team the "Indians" isn't a sign of disrespect. They're not the Cleveland "people we think lesser of"... Team names are meant to sound badass and honor something related to the community or area where the team is located.
GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

I vote they make it a caricature of Ghandi.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The Cleveland Spiders?

What if spiders aren't ok with it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Isn't anything using Cleveland an insult to whatever it is?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Minor leaguer ends his career beating a woman on camera.

I don't need to tell you guys what a pussy this piece of shit is...
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Mark McGwire says he could have hit 70 HRs without PEDS.

The problem with that statement is that he didn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

What if they held a game, and no one came?
The 2018 baseball season is not even two weeks old, but it appears Chicago White Sox fans are already disinterested.

Monday's game against the Tampa Bay Rays had an official attendance of 10,377, but the number of spectators actually at the stadium was much lower. According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, only 974 people showed up.
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

The weather has been brutally cold to start the season. Cleveland had its coldest game in over 30 years when it was 25 degrees at first pitch, and it only got colder as the sun set.

Baseball is such a terrible cold weather sport, i'm a baseball fan but have no interest in going to a game in that weather. I know most of you wouldn't even go to a game if it was 75 and partly cloudy, so i'm pretty sure most fans feel the same way.

Plus the Whitesox are really gonna blow this year, so i'm sure there is very little hype around Chi town for them.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: aseball is such a terrible cold weather sport, i'm a baseball fan but have no interest in going to a game in that weather. I
What I read is "I only want to see baseball if it's a pretty day and I'm enjoying some beer, cuz the game isn't that relevant to what I'm doing"

Buffalo + Green Bay routinely have snow-filled winter games, and people show the fuck up.
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: aseball is such a terrible cold weather sport, i'm a baseball fan but have no interest in going to a game in that weather. I
What I read is "I only want to see baseball if it's a pretty day and I'm enjoying some beer, cuz the game isn't that relevant to what I'm doing"

Buffalo + Green Bay routinely have snow-filled winter games, and people show the fuck up.

Yeah, thats exactly what i'm saying, baseball isn't a fun cold sport game. Football on the other hand can and is enjoyed in the cold.

Now that would change for me if it was a playoff baseball game. I'd gladly enjoy going to a cold World Series game in November. Infact, just two years ago when the Indian and Cubs played to game 7 or the WS, it was indeed really cold and sold out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

There's 162 games on the schedule. That alone tells consumers to stay home if everything isn't EXACTLY how they want it.

Baseball being more boring than watching paint dry doesn't help.