MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We don't have a baseball thread, probably because it's boring. Still, sometimes interesting things do happen.

Brett Lawrie gets pissed at strike calls and accidentally hits the ump when he throws his helmet.

Baseball will make a big deal out of this and suspend Lawrie for several games, but watch the video, those pitches are WAY out of the strike zone. The last time I saw umpiring like that, Leslie Nielsen was behind the plate.

As for the drink throwing fan, I think stuff like that should be an arrest and automatic lifetime ban from the stadium.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Because the 2nd pitch was just the ump calling him out to be a dick and show him who was in charge I have no issue with the fan throwing the beer at the ump. Something that could actually harm him would be off limits but pouring a drink on him is fine with me seeing as how much the ump sucked.

Of course if it was allowed than it would get way out of hand so if they want to ban the fan for a bit I am fine with that but the ump should be fired/banned for a bit too. Or they can just be banned the same amount of time.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1337220995
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

More dopers. Anti-aging clinic, my ass. Guess whose name has come up again?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Former MVP banned for 65 games. Given how vehemently he denied these accusations at the time, I'm inclined to say boot him for life.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yeah, like I'd expect a Packer to follow through on his words.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

A-Rod reportedly threatened with permanent ban.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I, and apparently the vast majority of people voting on ESPN.com, would love to see a lifetime ban for A-Rod.

Pete Rose got a lifetime ban for betting on games he had nothing to do with, and betting on his own team to win.

You're telling me using illegal chemicals to give yourself a physical advantage isn't worse than that?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I, and apparently the vast majority of people voting on ESPN.com, would love to see a lifetime ban for A-Rod.

Someone needs to get nailed hard for this shit. I can think of no better candidate.

Pete Rose got a lifetime ban for betting on games he had nothing to do with, and betting on his own team to win.

Wonder if the MLB suits are kicking themselves for setting such an idiotic precedent.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dropping the <s>ban</s> suspension stick. A dozen dudes are faced with not playing the rest of the season starting Thursday. However, I think they still get postseason, which is absolute bullshit.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

MLBPA looking kind of bad.
MLB Players Association executive director Michael Weiner blasted MLB commissioner Bud Selig on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday morning, calling the 211-game suspension levied against Alex Rodriguez “unfair” and “inappropriate.” Weiner also noted that the Players Association will assess its position on drug-related suspensions, as current opinion among players is split: “There were a lot of players who were in favor of tougher penalties. There were a lot of players who weren’t.”

If the players want their game to be taken seriously, they should publicly ostracize everyone who proves to be a habitual user. A-Rod's getting singled out because they've got suspicions he's been using perpetually since '01 or so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Too bad he's not heading up the MLBPA.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rose says he picked the wrong vice.

Hilarious. Of all the people in the world, he's the one who should have a mic in his face daily regarding all these cheaters getting away with slaps on the wrist.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

To be fair, Pete denied his actions for decades even when confronted with checks that had his named signed to them. A-Rod's halfway there, provided you replace "checks" with "drug tests."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ross didn't do anything to affect the game. He didn't use PEDs, he didn't tank games, etc.

ARod, Bonds, and their ilk Are directly affecting the game.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Because baseball needs more time between pitches.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Not baseball, but related to another equally worthless sport.

Um... no, not literally.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Former MVP banned for 65 games. Given how vehemently he denied these accusations at the time, I'm inclined to say boot him for life.
Resorts to cold calling.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Robinson Cano wants $305 million over 10 years.

The next highest paid second baseman in MLB is in Boston and he signed for $110 over 8 years.

The one after that is $75 for 5 years.

Cano is insane.

The MLB is a fucking dumpster fire of shitty contracts and cheaters.