Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Wow
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

He knew right away too. Nice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

MLS has suspended its season
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Shouldn't they also sue the fans that aren't going to their games that would create the revenue that would allow equal pay?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

I read this (title only) before bed and was surprised they sided with the women's team.

I woke up this morning and re-read it. Not vsurprised.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Joe Biden threatens to cut funding for USWNT if they don't get equal pay.

That will teach them! Pay them equally or I'll take away their paycheck completely and the sport they love!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Jfc
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Soccer on right now, top matchup in the Bundesliga. Dortmund v. BVB. I hear crowd noise, drums and chanting - must be piped in because the seats are empty.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

But then how are they doing the "fake crowd" whistling at the goal keeper when he wastes time on a goal kick?

Stands def empty.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: But then how are they doing the "fake crowd" whistling at the goal keeper when he wastes time on a goal kick?

Stands def empty.
Good sound producers. I mean theres like 5 sounds to make in soccer. Happy, Angry, boring middle.... ok, 3.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: But then how are they doing the "fake crowd" whistling at the goal keeper when he wastes time on a goal kick?

Stands def empty.
Good sound producers. I mean theres like 5 sounds to make in soccer. Happy, Angry, boring middle.... ok, 3.
Looked pretty good - honestly pretty flawless execution overall. Leave it to the Germans to set a really high standard for pro sports post lockdown. I imagine that US sports will follow suit when they realize how much money the match produced.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

MLS coming back with World Cup style tournament.
Major League Soccer will resume its suspended season on July 8 with a league-wide tournament in Orlando at Disney World's ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, the league announced today.

MLS suspended its season on March 12 due to the coronavirus outbreak. July 8 will be exactly four months since the last MLS match was played on March 8.

How the tournament will work: The month-long tournament with feature all 26 MLS teams competing in a "World Cup style" format, which will begin with group stage matches where results will count toward each team's regular season points total.

After the group stage matches, the top 16 teams will advance to the knockout stage. The tournament will culminate with the championship match on August 11.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

That's pretty cool.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

National Women’s Soccer League will start Saturday at 12:30pm, iirc. I wonder what their ratings will be?
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Aren't they required to be the same as men's?
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

The devil, circa 2018:
"Look, here's the deal. I''ll give you a young soccer phenom, regularly scoring in the premier league, saviour of the next world cup cycle, the real deal... but if you sign this I'm really, really, gonna fuck the world up... plague, revolution, end-of-times type shit."
Some USMNT die-hard:
"yeah yeah... wait - did you say he scores on the regular in the EPL? Yeah. Where's that knife. How much blood did you need? Let's just go with my whole arm to be safe."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: The devil, circa 2018:
"Look, here's the deal. I''ll give you a young soccer phenom, regularly scoring in the premier league, saviour of the next world cup cycle, the real deal... but if you sign this I'm really, really, gonna fuck the world up... plague, revolution, end-of-times type shit."
Some USMNT die-hard:
"yeah yeah... wait - did you say he scores on the regular in the EPL? Yeah. Where's that knife. How much blood did you need? Let's just go with my whole arm to be safe."
I find it hard to believe there’s a USMNT die hard.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Troy wrote: The devil, circa 2018:
Some USMNT die-hard:
Some context for this post:
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/07/ ... -liverpool\

And the question of - has any US player ever done something like this, let alone at age 21? No - no way.

We've had some journeymen play-makers or strikers in the world's top leagues, but never a young phenom who totally looks the part, even against the League Champions.