NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I felt like that championship game was a pretty fucking big clue.
Eh, depends on the situation. People outside the program assumed it, but you never know what he was seeing inside the program.
TheCatt wrote: ESPN predictions for next year.
ESPN sucks.
TheCatt wrote: Best OSU wishes Rutgers weren't in the Big Ten now. Ah well, everyone has a bad night.
They played really flat. I think the MSU loss was still in their head. Rutgers wasn't a horrible loss since they currently are 8-6. Plus, it reinforces what I've been saying about OSU being a good team, but not great.

The Pac-12 is easily the weakest conference when you consider the "big 4" sports.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tate Martell, who threatened Justin Fields to not come to OSU just to fail at getting the starting job, is transferring to Miami or WVU.

Ok, his actual transfer isn't official, but his name is out there as being interested.

He publicly swore Fields coming in wouldn't mean shit and it was his job to lose.

Guess someone's bark is bigger than their bite.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Rutgers wasn't a horrible loss since they currently are 8-6.
That's not an 8-6 conference record. That's an overall. They were 132nd in NET before the game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
That's not an 8-6 conference record. That's an overall. They were 132nd in NET before the game.
I did not say or imply it was a conference record.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I did not say or imply it was a conference record.
I'm saying it's a horrible loss, since it's an overall record.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

They have a winning overall record. Can't be a horrible loss. They're not Wofford. :D

ND's Winbush probably going to ND, but it's being reported that he tried to go to OSU and they passed.

Also, Fickel was apparently offered and turned down the WVU job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They have a winning overall record. Can't be a horrible loss. They're not Wofford.
True! Wofford's actually good. 13-4 with all 4 losses to top 25 teams.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

They're good in the same way Appalachian State was good when they beat #5 TTUN.

Bama lost 4 players and two coaches today.

TTUN grabbed their WR coach to be their new OC. The guy has never called plays before, so that should be interesting. The other was their QB coach who is going to Miami, which should help Martell make a decision.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They're good in the same way Appalachian State was good when they beat #5 TTUN.
App State finished 34rd in the AP voting that year, and won the FCS championship. So yes, Wofford + ASU both good teams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bama lost 4 players and two coaches today.
It's basically a revolving door at that place, but lots of people waiting to come in.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So yes, Wofford + ASU both good teams.
But yes, a good team would have beaten them, like Duke.
TheCatt wrote: It's basically a revolving door at that place, but lots of people waiting to come in.
Weird how many Bama players wash out in the NFL though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: But yes, a good team would have beaten them, like Duke.
Ahhhh, I thought you were making a snide reference to how UNC opened its season (against Wofford), but I seeeeeeeeee now. Yeah, Duke sucks for being able to win that game.
Leisher wrote: Weird how many Bama players wash out in the NFL though.
The Redskins D-Line has been decent, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Ahhhh, I thought you were making a snide reference to how UNC opened its season (against Wofford), but I seeeeeeeeee now. Yeah, Duke sucks for being able to win that game.
I was just busting chops to be funny.

You know I don't think OSU is a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but they shouldn't have lost to Rutgers.
TheCatt wrote: The Redskins D-Line has been decent, though.
There are obviously good Bama plays in the NFL, but nowhere near as many as there should be based upon their "domination" of the college game for the past decade.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Lost at Iowa today.

Mid-season slump has begun.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Lost at Iowa today.

Mid-season slump has begun.
At least you were away, UNC got BLASTED at home... :(
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bucks current team relies too much on the Wesson brothers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Only good news is I am in Boston for our annual holiday party at the new company, so I watched 0 of the game today and am a little drunk
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: UNC got BLASTED at home...
But still only fell from 12th to 13th in the AP thanks to all the other teams that lost, and having beat NCSU earlier in the week: https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2019/11