NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, the Big Ten doing it in NYC was the first and last time ever. They admit it was a tremendous mistake. It was all Jim Delaney's, Big Ten commissioner, idea. The teams and players hated it.

Typically, their championships are held in Indianapolis, which is in the heart of Big Ten country.

Speaking of Big Ten goofs:
The apparently posted this tonight. The problem is OSU beat Michigan 32 seconds into OT to eliminate them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC 2 seed, same bracket as OSU (5 seed). Got preference over Duke to play in Charlotte, while Duke has to travel to Pitt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

We're screwed. The dreaded 5 seed and then fucking Gonzaga waiting. I'm hoping for a second round appearance and a good game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

SBNation Bracket Generator.

You can set it to randomly select a bracket for you. I did it a single time and it had Texas Southern (16) winning the whole thing.

So, yeah! Random as fuck!

Upset picks.

Posted that because they're not saying UNC will lose, but their matchup is interesting.

Although Titus thinks they should pack for San Antonio now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: SBNation Bracket Generator.

You can set it to randomly select a bracket for you. I did it a single time and it had Texas Southern (16) winning the whole thing.

Upset picks.

Posted that because they're not saying UNC will lose, but their matchup is interesting.

You're the only #5 seed not listed. Must feel good?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: SBNation Bracket Generator.

Upset picks.

You're the only #5 seed not listed. Must feel good?
I saw that and thought, "And that's why we're guaranteed to lose..."
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Already the first upset in the NCAA tournament as Rhode Island takes down Oklahoma in overtime thanks to clutch shooting from Fatts Russell and E.C. Matthews.
Um. Rhode Island was a 7 seven, Oklahoma was a 10 seed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That got close. Gonzaga looked pretty vulnerable, too...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Already the first upset in the NCAA tournament as Rhode Island takes down Oklahoma in overtime thanks to clutch shooting from Fatts Russell and E.C. Matthews.
Um. Rhode Island was a 7 seven, Oklahoma was a 10 seed.
I think Vegas had Ok as the favorite. That Trae Young wasn't a very impressive team player.
TheCatt wrote: That got close. Gonzaga looked pretty vulnerable, too...
Gonzaga routed us last time. I honestly see no reason why that won't happen again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Make them turn it over a bit like UNC-G did.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Karma raped Zona last night and fucked up my bracket...

Sean Miller must not have paid enough to get any effort out of his players.

Two declared right after the loss.

That shows you they didn't give a fuck about the game. If I'm an NBA GM, that tells me a lot about their character.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU's coach throwing shade...
Chris Holtmann: “I just want to thank all of the fine, clever, smart journalists who didn't pick us.”
72% of the money came in on SDST +7.5 and OSU won by 8. Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, that game was pretty close.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Had I known the line was SDST +7.5, I would have taken those points too.

I think Holtman was just echoing what he used to motivate his team: "Nobody believes in you."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Wow. Just wow.