NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, quite a game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It was a good game. Shitty ending though. Sad it ended on a miscommunication. Sad JK Dobbins dropped two TDs too. Oh well. It is what it is.

For the first time ever I'll root for an SEC team. Go Joe!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

At first I thought Clemson was just going to get blown out of the stadium. I watched the first half, and the last 2 drives of the game.

Go Clemson.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Just saw the scoop and score replay, surprised they overturned it. The targetting call I saw live and agreed with.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

LSU favored by 5 at the moment over Clemson
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Just saw the scoop and score replay, surprised they overturned it. The targetting call I saw live and agreed with.
That targeting call, which was NOT called on the field completely changed the game's momentum. Clemson would have been forced to punt, and instead got a PI call and then a TD. That drive was all the officials and Wade is a key cog to the D. He was the spy on Lawrence who had been completely shut down to that point. With Wade out, look what Lawrence did the rest of the game.

The scoop and score is the most controversial play and even ESPN is talking about it. A WR catches the ball, takes three steps without losing possession, then fumbles, it gets ruled that on the field, and then somehow the booth overturns it?

I hate to blame officials, but every single call went against OSU, and the penalties were grossly lopsided in Clemson's favor as well. The #1 defensive line in college football and not 1 holding call? How about the blatant hands to the face calls that could have been made on almost every play against #79?

End of the day Clemson got absolutely dominated and Vegas knows it. That's why prior to the game they were 7 point favorites against LSU and now they're 5 point dogs. It took three replay reviews to go against OSU, 2 dropped TDs, a huge miscommunication, and a clearly biased and/or incompetent officiating crew to beat OSU. The officiating was so bad I've got Michigan fans telling me OSU got fucked. Do you know how bad the officiating has to be for your hated rivals to admit your team got fucked?

Losing sucks, but nobody wins them all. Losing to officials is hard to swallow, and truly makes you question the integrity of the game.

As a reminder, this is the Clemson team that a federal wire tap caught an assistant coach admitting Dabo has a pay to play program in place and there's not been a single word from the NCAA about it.

Sorry, had to vent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That targeting call, which was NOT called on the field completelyt
I'd say half the targeting calls I've seen o the NCAA were that way this year. Still doesn't make it less valid
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: That targeting call, which was NOT called on the field completelyt
I'd say half the targeting calls I've seen o the NCAA were that way this year. Still doesn't make it less valid
Actually, I don't think it is valid.

First of all, I think the booth should stay the fuck out of games. If they're not going to buzz down and point out the constant hands in the face or holding, then why are they there?

Secondly, you cannot target a runner. That's a rule.

Third, when the runner lowers their head to make it targeting, it shouldn't be targeting.

Fourth, as Joel Klatt said in a tweet today, targeting needs to be fixed badly. If a hit is malicious, toss the kid. However, if it was unintentional, the kid should stay in the game. (And to be fair, that replay official would have deemed it malicious and tossed Wade anyway.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Targeting is one of the few things the booth can buzz in for. Its literally their job to do it.

The OSU player should not have lowered his head. The End. I'm always going to err on the side of player safety
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Back to the Tigers... Clemson's o line needs some work. They aren't playing the ACC any more. Also Lawrence did not have a great game, much like his bad start to the season
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, and I do wonder what injury Tee Higgins had. Like did he have a concussion but still come back in the 2nd half?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Targeting is one of the few things the booth can buzz in for. Its literally their job to do it.

The OSU player should not have lowered his head. The End. I'm always going to err on the side of player safety
It's destroying the game. That hit was clearly not malicious and the booth buzzing in to eject a player clearly affected the drive and the outcome of the game. COnsidering every single decision the booth made was anti-OSU, it makes the game feel fixed.
TheCatt wrote: Oh, and I do wonder what injury Tee Higgins had. Like did he have a concussion but still come back in the 2nd half?
IT was almost assuredly a concussion and him coming back in was probably bad for his health, but who gives a fuck? Clemson is paying players and handing out PEDs and nobody cares. As long as the NCAA keeps shoveling in money, who gives a fuck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's destroying the game
Better than destroying lives with concussions and spinal injuries
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: It's destroying the game
Better than destroying lives with concussions and spinal injuries
I'm not arguing that, however there are tons of other plays that cause the same injuries and nothing is being done. This is a singular play that is subjective and can directly influence a game based on opinion, instead of action on the field. It's bullshit and needs to be fixed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The guy was legit tackled in the end zone. No flag. If someone came out and said the game was 100% fixed, tell me why they shouldn't be believed?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Man, OSU fans are whiny.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/ezhTiyNOWUc
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently they are assholes, too ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Seriously though, why the fuck would calls be coming in from Birmingham?

Go back to OSU losing the #1 spot as well, and now that looks even shadier. I'm thinking right now that the CFP has all the reality of the NBA or the WWE.