NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Miami's OC publicly calling out his freshman QB, and not that shitty line.

Just terrible, terrible coaching. This should hurt their recruiting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Miami's OC publicly calling out his freshman QB, and not that shitty line.

Just terrible, terrible coaching. This should hurt their recruiting.
Ouch. Maybe the QB is the type of guy who will respond to that kinda of criticism...
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Clemson crushed GT as expected, but Lawrence did not have a great game. 13-23, 168 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT.

Meanwhile, Etienne ran for 205 on 12 carries with 3 TD (and a fumble).
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Maybe Lawrence is mad that Dabo isn't paying him enough?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Maybe Lawrence is mad that Dabo isn't paying him enough?
Hah!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Can't read the article. It wants me to subscribe.

Also, I already know it's bullshit because the NCAA doesn't investigate or punish SEC or ACC schools in football.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Purdue-Nevada was the game of the year so far.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ohio State fired wide receivers coach Zach Smith last summer after learning of his history of domestic abuse. The university then half-heartedly investigated whether head coach Urban Meyer was aware of the allegations against his former mentee.
The administration was complicit in the serial abuse of Larry Nassar, a former university physician and USA Gymnastics national team doctor now serving a 175-year prison sentence. Both the Spartans’ president and athletic director stepped down in early 2018 after a trial exposed the extent to which university officials enabled Nassar’s behavior.
I find it odd that MSU gets dinged for a sex abuse scandal, but not OSU.

Look at UNC above the line ! :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Purdue-Nevada was the game of the year so far.
Didn't see it, but good for that kicker to get a scholarship for that. And, probably, getting laid, too.

Props to Duke for keeping Bama scoreless first quarter...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Go Heels! I know it's only South Carolina, but we needed that!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That ranking chart is utter nonsense. Duke is the highest yet we all now know Zion got paid to play there.

Washington has a current scandal brewing and was caught paying a player about a decade ago, yet they're at the highest level?

Notre Dame's head football coach killed someone through negligence, but they're above the line.

Mississippi State is currently banned from bowls for cheating, yet they're on the line and somehow considered a powerhouse? WTF?

Rutgers coaches killed a player last year and are barely in the embarrassing area.

UNC is part of the shoe scandal, but apparently that's not as embarrassing as being Arizona in the same scandal?

Clemson is above the line yet an asst coach was recording talking about how Dabo has a pay to play system. I guess that's not embarrassing? Neither must be three players getting caught using PEDs, and then the program refusing to release results from other players.

The U is above the line for fuck's sake.

The whole Urban-Zach Smith thing was a media fabrication by one guy with a grudge against OSU. The rest of the MSM ran with it because anything OSU gets lots of clicks. That "journalist" has since been lambasted by even others in the MSM and has been fired from his former gig. Even Smith's wife's mother spoke out against the allegations.

In actual news, Tennessee got beat by a team that's never beaten a P5 opponent before.

Meanwhile, Wyoming is beating up Missouri, Florida barely beat and got lucky against a terrible "The U" team, Auburn is getting beaten at home by Oregon (although, they appear to be thisclose to tying it up), Ole Miss lost to Memphis, and SC lost to an ACC team. "The best conference is college football" my ass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: and SC lost to an ACC team.
Tell me more about this game.

Yeah, the chart is flawed, but it put OSU and MSU at the bottom, so I love it right now. Especially since that's where UNC used to be for so long :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That’s why 62% of the bets are 87% of the money has come in on the Gamecocks thus far.
Odds: South Carolina -12
Boo yah!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I love that you guys beat an SEC team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, better back it up
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

FSU was beat at home by Boise St. Taggart blames dehydration.

I guess the people living in Boise, Idaho know how to properly hydrate for Florida weather than the people living in Florida?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I'm going to revel in the past weekend's UNC victory as long as I can, cuz it could all come crashing down every weekend. But, people are projecting UNC will now go to a shitty bowl instead of staying home!

Also, UNC got 2 points in the AP poll this week! WOOOOOO!
Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Independence Stadium, Shreveport, Louisiana
Dec. 26, 4 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Louisiana Tech vs. North Carolina
Schlabach: Virginia Tech vs. Louisiana Tech

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
Dec. 27, noon, ESPN
Bonagura: Florida State vs. Tulane
Schlabach: North Carolina vs. Tulane
!RmindMe 12/10/2019