NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Very nice.

I look forward to our meeting in the playoffs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Very nice.

I look forward to our meeting in the playoffs.
1) I wish there would be playoffs this year, 2) I wish we could hope for that.

Right now, I just want a top 25 finish (and as season).
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ivy League cancels Fall sports. Including football. If you can call it that.

Stanford canceled like 11 of their 34 (?) varsity sports due to budget issues. Yes, Stanford.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Big Ten so afraid of competition they will not schedule outside of their conference this Fall.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This sucks.

They won't be the last conference to make such a change either. The SEC president is already on the record saying if other conferences don't play, the SEC won't play. Ivy League has already cancelled. California schools, so most of the PAC-12, are basically cancelled without official word at this point. ND's AD is indicating the season is looking less likely. The ACC cancelled football years ago outside of Clemson.

P.S. UNC shut down their facility due to a C-19 positive test(s?).
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: P.S. UNC shut down their facility due to a C-19 positive test(s?).
Didn't OSU as well?

Get the disease out of the way. Then bubble all the football :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU closed their facility, but I never heard about a positive test.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: OSU closed their facility, but I never heard about a positive test.
Because they wouldn't disclose how many there were: https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/07/o ... tests.html
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You mean they were respecting their athletes? Crazy.

ACC is expected to announce conference-only schedule next.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ACC is expected to announce conference-only schedule next.
Glad I didn't bother buying those UNC-Auburn tickets.

Also, can we all agree this means UND has to play no one? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

PAC-12 is also expected to announce a conference-only schedule.

ACC has let ND know they will work with them to get them the required number of games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ACC has let ND know they will work with them to get them the required number of games.
I hope that's a trap. "Sure, you'll get all the games you need, if you join us."
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I say just shut them out. They've had chances to join conferences and never have.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Zio lawsuit heads up and it doesn't make Duke look good.

So not only did he and his family take money from people making him technically a professional, but Duke boosters also hooked his family up with stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Anyone who chooses the G League over Duke and Kentucky is smart. Anyone choosing it over UNC is garbage :)