NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Joe Burrows is transferring from OSU. This does not please me.

Apparently, he and Haskins were neck and neck, so instead of sticking around to compete, he's leaving.

That alone would make me question his character and mental strength if I was an NFL scout, but the kid's been all class. I honestly wish he was staying and Haskins was leaving. I hope Haskins makes me eat my words.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe he could join your RB that came to UNC? :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It'd be a huge get for you guys.

I'm hearing LSU and Cincinnati.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saban shoots his mouth off about UCF.

That means it bothers him.

I also find it hilarious that he's dismissing them saying they can claim something, but it doesn't make it true. Considering Bama has at least one title that fits that criteria, maybe he should shut the fuck up.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

But what if there were 72 teams?

Hell, why not just let all 300+ play?
"There are always bubble teams that could have and should have been invited that could go on a big run that don't get invited," Larranaga said. "... Sixty-eight of 351 Division I teams make the field. That's 19 percent of the teams. Seventy-two teams would make it 20 percent. That is not a huge increase when you compare it to how many football teams make it to a bowl game."
Well, he does have a point there... But there's only... 120 football teams.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The ACC needs to sit down and shut the fuck up.

This is just about milking fans for more money. Nobody watches the play in games. Do we really need more of them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The ACC needs to sit down and shut the fuck up.

This is just about milking fans for more money. Nobody watches the play in games. Do we really need more of them?
Look, just cuz your league doesn't play basketball doesn't mean the NCAA shouldn't pay attention to it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: UNC falls by 1 point in the Ultimate Frisbee D1 championships semfinals, :(
UNC back in the finals, on Monday
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Is it too early to say dynasty? :)

UNC Ultimate Frisbee. I played for UNC when I was in college, '93 to '96.
7 straight nationals (top 20 teams in the country out of 258 teams in Division I)
6 straight quarterfinals appearances
5 straight final 4s
3 finals appearances
2 national championships (2015 + 2018)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I played for UNC when I was in college, '93 to '96.
Were you a part of those teams?

Your women's soccer team is more impressive.

Arkansas and LSU have some impressive runs in DI. Holy shit Kenyon!

But, OSU's women's synchronized swim team is on another level. They win a national championship 75% of the time and had a 13 year consecutive title run.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Were you a part of those teams?
I was a founding member, so I set them on the right course :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC football commit gets drafted
Jordyn Adams was selected No. 17 overall by the Los Angeles Angels on Monday and will have to choose between major league baseball or honoring his national letter of intent to North Carolina.

Adams was the No. 163-ranked prospect in the 2018 recruiting class for football and signed with the Tar Heels to play football and baseball. At 6-foot-1, 180 pounds out of Morrisville, North Carolina, Adams was the No. 24 wide receiver in his class. He excels at football and baseball, but also had a video go viral that showed Adams dunking over a classmate. Adams was the No. 19 prospect in Keith Law's Top 100 prospects before the draft.
Oklahoma QB also drafted for MLB
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

It'd be hard to turn down a sure few million $
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: sure few million $
Could turn out to be a major mistake. But maybe he comes from money?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: sure few million $
Could turn out to be a major mistake. But maybe he comes from money?
Well, Jordyn lives near me, which is a nice part of town, and goes to a fancy (but public) high school. That being said, there are plenty of apartment buildings in the area, so living here is no guarantee of having money.

Interestingly, just 2 months ago he was projecting as a 3rd to 5th rounder.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I remember when George Steinbrenner offered a minor league contract to Michigan's QB at the time just so he wouldn't be able to play OSU. The QB took it. Can't remember who it was.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I remember when George Steinbrenner offered a minor league contract to Michigan's QB at the time just so he wouldn't be able to play OSU. The QB took it. Can't remember who it was.
Drew Henson? But how did the offer keep him from playing at OSU?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

He was a good QB. He was a better pitcher. He was playing for Michigan and was 2-0 (maybe 3-0?) against OSU or something like that.

Steinbreener signed him to a contract for a couple million after his junior year. He forfeited his amateur status and went to Columbus, ironically enough, where the Yankees' farm club was located. Thus, he didn't play QB for Michigan his senior year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Former bench warmer for the Buckeyes and current amazing sports writer, Mark Titus, has offered to take the Chicago State coaching job for $0. He has been campaigning for it for a while. They are the only program still without a coach, and there's a rumor they might be dropping to DII and cutting sports. There's also a rumor a local guy might get the job.

Titus' Twitter handle is @clubtrillion if you want to follow him. He's pretty funny.