NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU loses DC to OU.

This is the result of Tennessee fucking over Schiano. Grinch was supposed to take the job, but with Schiano staying, Grinch was the odd man out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Big Big Ten game today
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It was a good game. Bucks struggled down the stretch. Closer than the score indicated.

A good season for them will be the Sweet 16.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Schiano out as DC at OSU. Greg Mattison will take the role.

Stealing a coach from your hated rival? And he was the coach of the best part of their defense? Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Jeff Hafley on his way to OSU as co-DC.

Looks like he'll be getting mentored by Mattison?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I apparently still don't understand targeting/helmet-to-helmet/personal foul things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Hard to believe Bama has outgained Clemson by almost 100 yds, but is down 37-16
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I refuse to watch even a second of that travesty. Although, I'm loving that Bama is getting housed.

Twitter blew up when Clemson returned a pick 6 or something and ESPN and the CFP (in deleted tweets) were trying to say it was the first defensive TD in CFP history. Uh...nope! OSU had a pick 6 against Bama and Oregon had one against FSU.

ESPN has apparently also been running ads claiming Clemson is the only team to beat Bama in the CFP. "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" my ass.

Please tell me how they're not insanely biased.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama fans should avoid Twitter. That place is loving their ass kicking.

A breakdown of the dumbest play in the title game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

@danieltosh
35m35 minutes ago

even with a loss, i think alabama will still win the national championship.
@danieltosh
2m2 minutes ago

possible overreaction but maybe it’s time for saban to move on and prove he’s still a shitty nfl coach.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

@dannykanell
4m4 minutes ago

So the SEC's two best teams get blown away in their bowl games.
The conference was 6-6 in bowl season.
And yet all I heard was how the SEC was "head and shoulders" above all else. Smh.
Don't believe the hype because that's all it is.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

@OhioStFootball
1m1 minute ago

You up? @finebaum
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well that was awesome. Outscotong their CFP opponents 74 to 19. Damn. ACC really is head and shoulders above the others.

:)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

. Was holder Mac Jones responsible for, uh, checking out of the fake call when he noticed Clemson was in a standard four-down front with seven linebackers and DBs on the field? I don’t know whose job it was to say “DON’T DO THIS,” but it should’ve been someone’s.
Mac Jones was the one responsible, and he signaled that they were in good shape to do this.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN says ooops.
Wow, talk about your typos. We're a little sheepish here at College Football Experts, Inc. It turns out that our season-long discussion about whether the best team this season belonged among the best teams in history focused on the wrong team. Editors, please replace three months' worth of "Alabama" with "Clemson."

"There was a lot of talk about the 'best ever' all year long," Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said. "We were never in that conversation. Tonight there was no doubt."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Like pretty much every other coach since football started?

You have an incumbent starter. It's his job until it's not. This wasn't Brady taking over for injured Bledsoe. This was platooning your incumbent with a freshman. If you need to evaluate, do so in camp. That's why it's there. Incumbents should lose their jobs there OR if they're failing on the field, you pull them.

You don't go in and intentionally sabotage someone by platooning them.

This forces Bryant to transfer in the middle of the season when his options will be severely limited. It's the same shit as oversigning, just more insidious, because instead of letting a kid leave to pursue other opportunities, you're essentially trying to trap them in your system via no options to leave.
So... that worked out for Clemson pretty well.