NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC STOMPS a top 25 teams... and falls from 14 to 15. :| Stupid Michigan jumped them, as I understand it, some people weren't putting B1G on their ballots due to not playing. They should now penalize their abbreviated, afraid season.

ACC has 2 of the top 4... but best case they play each other twice, so it's 1-1 or 2-0 for one or the other. So I can't imagine more than 1 of them getting in without a bunch of congestion up top.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
"and a lack of control by Augie Busch, the women's swimming and diving coach." Hey, don't leave him out of this!
Ha!
TheCatt wrote:UNC STOMPS a top 25 teams... and falls from 14 to 15. Stupid Michigan jumped them
The Michigan hype train is in full gear.
TheCatt wrote:some people weren't putting B1G on their ballots due to not playing
That ended now that they are playing. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the PAC-12 starts playing.

You see that Army already accepted a bowl invitation? Week 1 of the B1G season and bowl invitations are being sent out? It gets weirder when you realize Army will be playing a Pac-12 team whose season has yet to begin.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This season is just a shitty situation for everyone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Lawrence hints at staying in school.

I think this is both being a good teammate and posturing based on who he sees at the top of the draft. Nobody wants to go play for Adam Gase and the Jets.

TTUN fan gets jail time for threatening OSU players and Urban Meyer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Nobody wants to go play for Adam Gase and the Jets.
Can he pull an Eli Manning?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was thinking the same. He absolutely can decide to stay in school another year or sit out the 4 years the Jets would have his rights.

What the Jets should do is trade the pick for an absolute bounty. Fire Gase. Trade Darnold and any other expiring assets to get as many picks as possible. Hire someone like a Scott Frost or Ryan Day (although I'd be PISSED!) and then rebuild starting with the lines. Within a year or two you'll be in a position where you might be losing, but you're not a laughing stock anymore. Now people will take a chance on you.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't get it. I said over and over the players would get it and I was told that they have protocols to keep them from getting it. What happened. Does it really just come down to "We want football and never really cared about their safety or keeping the virus down"?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: What happened.
People broke protocol.

Dozens of other schools are playing without incident.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I guess this is an example of what COULD happen (everyone follows protocol so no one gets sick) and what I predicted would happen (not everyone will and there will be sickness and spreading). It all comes down to "how much COVID is worth watching football"?

I have been arguing from day one "This will help spread the virus". Since people are getting sick, I feel like I was right.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I have been arguing from day one "This will help spread the virus". Since people are getting sick, I feel like I was right.
Actually, I think it could be very easily argued that you have been proven wrong.

Considering how many teams are practicing and playing versus how few outbreaks there have been, it would seem that a desire to play football is actually helping to prevent the spread of the virus.

Not sure if you're paying attention, but most teams aren't allowing fans into stadiums or limited fans who are spaced out. Additionally, many teams, like OSU, are doing their best to bubble. Athletes are taking classes online, most on campus activities have been cancelled, coaches are segregating themselves (OSU's coaches are living in a hotel or something), and so on.

If they had blanket cancelled the season, not only would there be a negative economic impact, but all these kids would lose an irreplaceable year. If they're willing to play and willing to take preventative measures, who are you to tell them no?

And ultimately, kids will be kids and protocols will be broken from time to time. When I was that age if I thought there was a chance to get laid I would have fought my way through an alien invasion to get to the pussy. What chance does an invisible virus that's not really that deadly to these kids have?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: f they had blanket cancelled the season, not only would there be a negative economic impact, but all these kids would lose an irreplaceable year. If they're willing to play and willing to take preventative measures, who are you to tell them no?
And be in communities with fewer protections.

I don't know that anyone said it wouldn't spread, I said it wouldn't kill them, iirc.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Nebraska is getting fucked by the B1G again.

First Wisconsin cancels the game this weekend, despite the fact that they did NOT meet the requirements the B1G established for calling games due to Covid, and instead of getting a forfeit win, Nebraska is just given a "no contest".

Now Nebraska tried to find an opponent for Saturday with STRICTER Covid testing than the B1G, did, but B1G officials said no.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Nebraska is getting fucked by the B1G again.

First Wisconsin cancels the game this weekend, despite the fact that they did NOT meet the requirements the B1G established for calling games due to Covid, and instead of getting a forfeit win, Nebraska is just given a "no contest".

Now Nebraska tried to find an opponent for Saturday with STRICTER Covid testing than the B1G, did, but B1G officials said no.
B1G sucks balls.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Nebraska is getting fucked by the B1G again.

B1G sucks balls.
On this issue, absolutely.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU-UNC Dec 19th in Cleveland.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: OSU-UNC Dec 19th in Cleveland.
Cleveland???

Hopefully we get some revenge for last year.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: who are you to tell them no
A member of the community that now has to deal with the ripple effect of their wanting to get laid and breaking protocol thus endangering everyone else around them. My non-mask wearing brother in-law once said that he respects my right to wear a mask. Implying I should respect his right not to. I don't though. I don't support your right to infect me with whatever germ you are carrying (COVID or otherwise) because Trumps tells you it's ok. I don't support the right of a football players who wants to get laid and get a better position in the draft to endanger the community either.

We will never hear about any players' grandmas getting sick and dying from it because no one would want to be the one that blamed a kid for killing their grandma. Plus schools/NCAA/etc would keep a lid on it. But this is also what's at risk. They aren't just risking themselves or the program. Other people are exposed as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I understand your point, Cake, but fuck, no one's safe anywhere at this rate in America.