NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I would have split them, and picked them in 1 of 2 brackets, but familiarity bred contempt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I guess I finally have a reason to like Michigan... Or rather, 50 reasons. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That 7'6" UCF center pretty much guaranteed himself a big NBA payday.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Stupid Duke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the PAC 12 managed to get 1 team in the Sweet Sixteen, guess they can stay at Division 1 after all.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The same Buckeyes team I've been watching all year showed up. Decent effort, but nobody can score.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Female star pissed about the lack of respect for women's tournament.

She's 100% right that the NCAA, of all things, should be giving it lots of love.

However, if she starts to say audiences need to give it the same love as the men's game, I'll be waiting to debate her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah she has a point here. But don't try to make me care about the sport.

That being said the point about the woman winning the dunk contest for the McDonald's all Americans was a joke. I watched the contest, and she only won because she was a woman. The men did objective ly better dunks, because being almost 7 feet tall makes dunking easier
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I did not see the bit about a woman winning the dunk contest. Yeah, no way that's legit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Every single time I root for TTUN, they lose.

I think I need to become a permanent fan... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Man, if only Virginia had scored 1 more point! :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I propose future NCAA tournaments only be held well after flu season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That NC game busted my bracket. Additionally, in two separate Sweet 16 draws I had fucking UNC and Auburn. So not only did the better team lose, but the other chance I have at winning lost one of their best players, possibly for the tournament. Not my year.

Who had the flu? For some reason I completely missed that.

Duke escaped, but they deserved to as the officials missed an out of bounds call that would have given them the ball back with the lead and 5 seconds left. That VT guy just missed the tying shot at the end. He also did some acting trying to get a call.

Can't believe Kentucky held on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Little + Johnson both had the flu for UNC. So our 6th man who is our 4th highest scorer, and our best 3 pt shooter.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This Virginia-Purdue game might be the greatest I've ever seen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This Virginia-Purdue game might be the greatest I've ever seen.
It was a good first half. Then I went to sleep :)

My wife thought UVA lacked "personality"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

FUCK DOOK, GO SPARTY!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I figured you'd be thrilled.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I figured you'd be thrilled.
My youngest daughter, cheered and yelled the whole game. One of her funniest lines was when she thought a Duke player fouled a MSU player "I think a FOUL occurred!"

But she kept it up all game. She even made a cheering board on her whiteboard (my wife posted it on FB).

And, any time a Duke player cries, we all win.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: One of her funniest lines was when she thought a Duke player fouled a MSU player "I think a FOUL occurred!"
That is hilarious.

I admit I got really annoyed by the announcers saying Williamson every other word. Same reason I hate Tiger Woods. Has nothing to do with the player, but the constant fucking overhyping of them. There are other people out there, let's give them some recognition.
Looks like the Buckeyes are trying to add a 7' center from Senegal to their incoming class featuring a couple of 5 star players. Failing that, they're apparently going to try to get a center to transfer from a junior college or something. There are people whispering that they could be a surprisingly good team next year. We'll see.