NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

College football World Cup style.

Kind of cool. They used computers to simulate everything based on last year's computer rankings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

LSU wins the group, with head-to-head win over Washington.
That is not how the World Cup works.

I was hoping to see someone make it through on "fewer personal fouls" :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Across all pro sports, UNC provides the most talent. OSU 7th.

The following leagues were used: NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, WNBA, MLL (lacrosse) and NFP (softball)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I am really confused by men's lacrosse. There's a pro league that drafts players? WTF?

Also, we're 10th. Although, if you do it just by football, we're 3rd. Our men's basketball program is not UNC's...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, we're 10th.
Ah, I was just looking at the # of payers drafted stat, which had UNC first and yall 7th.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

College football is the best...

Toledo mayor, and admitted OSU fan, gives key to the city to Jim Harbaugh in May.

People were obviously pissed considering UT's coach was born in Toledo, and another football coach named Urban Meyer was also born in Toledo. However, Harbaugh was also born in Toledo, and recently raised a bunch of money there for some charity, thus the key.

So on Tuesday, the mayor was giving the key to the city to Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur (who is in her 11th term or something and initially won the office on a platform of criticizing her opponent for his 6-7 terms and saying that's long enough for one person to be in office, but I digress...) and during his comments said, "I normally only give this to mediocre college football coaches.”

As Gordon would say, "Oh snap!"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

John Schnatter is having a bad couple of years.

First, he stupidly involved his company in the NFL protest controversy and now Pizza Hut is the NFL's official pizza sponsor.

Then he claimed he was stepping down, but that apparently didn't happen.

Last year he also said the N-word "while role playing during a training session", which must be bullshit because he's had to resign from the University of Louisville board because of it and now they're stripping the stadium of the Papa John name.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

UCF kicker suing the NCAA.

The NCAA needs to drastically revisit their rules.

Why is it ok for kids with rich parents to get full rides, but not a kid who is self-made?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC Football coach does not like the changes to the game. Goes a little hyperbolic
Fedora was asked about changes to the kickoff rule in college football, and he offered an extended oratory disputing the relationship between football and CTE and suggesting that softening the game could be part of a larger concern.

"Our game is under attack," Fedora told reporters. "I fear the game will be pushed so far from what we know that we won't recognize it in 10 years. And if it does, our country will go down, too."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Players tweets out he doesn't want to run his team's new offense

I don't really care about that part... here's what I like.
"I knew exactly what I was doing when I tweeted that out," Tate told Bleacher Report. "I don't do Twitter. When I tweet something, I download the app, tweet, then delete the app from my phone. So when I tweet, it's important."
More people could learn from that
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: More people could learn from that
Right?

As for the story itself, the kids should absolutely get a voice in who their next coach will be, and I don't know why that would be remotely controversial.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Overrated/underrated teams by conference the last 10 years.

Two teams stood out as exceptional.

Two teams got blatantly laughed at.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I haven't read this article, but it says Urban Meyer needs to be fired. I'm assuming leisher knows what's happening?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I haven't read this article, but it says Urban Meyer needs to be fired. I'm assuming leisher knows what's happening?
Meyer put on paid leave
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Basically, it's about the assistant coach Meyer just fired, Zach Smith.

Smith's wife is claiming she's been abused for years and everyone around Meyer knew, but has zero proof he knew. Meanwhile, police reports indicate they were called a lot, but there weren't a lot of charges. She says she was talked out of it by other coaches on the first incident back at Florida, but doesn't talk about the other occasions.

Essentially, this breaks down to Title IX. If Meyer knew, he had to report it. (There is no evidence he knew, even by Mrs. Smith's own admission.) If he didn't, then no issue with him, but there will be if others knew. Specifically, his wife, as she worked for the university, and there is proof she knew. People are saying if she knew then Meyer knew, but that's not how the law works. You don't get to convict upon assumptions, logical or not.

And yes, I believe if his wife knew, he knew. However, the time line is going to be really weird since this stretches out over years. Who knew what when? Do you need to report things when the police already know? There's a story that the Smiths approached the Meyers for advice and wanted to work things out, so what then? Where does the line get drawn between private and public lives? At what point does Mrs. Smith have to take some responsibility for staying in that situation (Hint: Based upon public reaction, none.)

I wouldn't be shocked if this cost Meyer his job. It shouldn't, but that's our world now. The court of public opinion has ruled based upon their limited knowledge of what has transpired. Who cares that the majority of Americans would lose their jobs and be shunned if their own skeletons were made public. (And honestly, at this point, I think that's what needs to happen to end this bullshit.)

The folks who are screaming the loudest right now are obviously anti-OSU, SJWs, and so on.

What can you do? I hope he's allowed to stay, but if he goes, he goes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Urban released a statement today saying he did report the 2015 incident.

If true, his job will be safe despite how much the media will complain about a coach lying to them (*cough*everycoachever*cough*).

If false, this doubles down on the jeopardy he will be in.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll take a win against OSU any way I can get it. However, so far, I don't like this. As you said, people shouldn't lose their jobs because of something someone else did in the privacy of their own home. Why is one man responsible for the actions of another? "but that's our world now"

It's one thing when it's adults against children. It's another when it's adults against adults. Sometimes, the kids can't process how to get themselves safe and the admin should step up. But adults know better. Did she ask for it? Did she deserve it? Irrelevant. It's not Meyer's job to police them. If the school steps up and says "We don't approve of that stuff, and our coach shouldn't have either. So he's fired." Meh, that's on the school. They lost a good coach for something stupid.

If I fired an employee because I felt like he abused his wife, even though she stayed married to him. . . . how well would that go for me?