NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

His point is that we shouldn't be in a rush to force athletes to perform if it isn't safe.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: His point is that we shouldn't be in a rush to force athletes to perform if it isn't safe.
I understand his point. But I’m saying why he is wrong. Small isolated groups of people are fine.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Here's a weird one being blamed on the cornoavirus:
Cincinnati drops men's soccer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Good news for UNC + OSU
Brown and his staff have had an outstanding start to the 2021 class and now have the second-most commitments from the ESPN Junior 300 of any FBS program, behind only Ohio State, which has 14.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU-UNC title game coming.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: OSU-UNC title game coming.
lololololololol

I'm just happy if we make the ACC Title game. Also, if there's a season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I think we will have a season.

Crowds? Probably not.

I was considering this yesterday and you could theoretically sell spaced out tickets, but would it be worth the time and trouble?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I had a dream we had crowds at some sporting event, but I can't remember what the event was, other than I was there. And there were like 200 people in the stands total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was considering this yesterday and you could theoretically sell spaced out tickets, but would it be worth the time and trouble?
I dunno... It'd really change things.

On the OTHER hand, I was picturing a social distancing, 10% capacity Disney World, and was like "Yes, sign me up"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I was picturing a social distancing, 10% capacity Disney World, and was like "Yes, sign me up"
I would take my family in a fucking heartbeat.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I was picturing a social distancing, 10% capacity Disney World, and was like "Yes, sign me up"
Well, I probably care more about Harry Potter world at this moment, but either way... I'm in. I'll pay extra, I don't care.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Well, I probably care more about Harry Potter world at this moment, but either way... I'm in. I'll pay extra, I don't care.
Would you pay 10x the amount to have 10% capacity?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The question is what level they would need to make it worthwhile. I'd pay 3x... Maybe 4 or 5x
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN must have gotten a lot of heat for promoting OSU during the draft. They are running a bullshit recruiting pitch from Kirby Smart like an actual news headline.

Even if you believe Smart, that's not even remotely news. It's propaganda.

Michigan's trainer apparently knew about the doctor sexually harassing athletes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They are running a bullshit recruiting pitch from Kirby Smart like an actual news headline.
Can't argue with that. Except the year the ACC was toughest ;)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC picks up another 4 star for 2020 class. 3 5s + 3 4s now.

And, a shooting guard/wing, which is nice cuz we suck at shooting.