NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Both players lined up in the backfield are defensive tackles. One blocks, one runs.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I appreciate the loyalty, but your team is complete dogshit. Not in a "we're just missing some pieces" way either. It's a mess internally. Did you really think they'd stand a chance against Clemson? Maybe take a weekend off from the glitter...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Suck. At least it's not cancer?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

CFP Rankings

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. LSU
4. Notre Dame
5. Michigan
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Washington State
9. Kentucky
10. Ohio State

LSU is a little high, Kentucky is a little high, OSU a little low, but otherwise, can't say much about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: CFP Rankings

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. LSU
4. Notre Dame
5. Michigan
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Washington State
9. Kentucky
10. Ohio State

LSU is a little high, Kentucky is a little high, OSU a little low, but otherwise, can't say much about it.
Yeah, these things are just there for publicity at this point.

Bama and LSU play this weekend. If Bama loses, they'll drop to 5. If LSU loses, they'll drop completely out. If OSU and TTUN go undefeated for the rest of the year, the winner of their game will be in the top four IF they also win the Big 10 championship. Clemson is in if they win out. Ditto for Notre Dame. The Big 12 shouldn't even be in the top 10 as they have 0 chance. Pretty sure Ok is also fucked.

Glaring omission is defending national champs UCF!

In other news, Maryland reinstates DJ Durkin pissing off the dead player's family and many current players.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Students protesting Durkin's reinstatement.

Durkin's program has been investigated, and while found to be rough, wasn't breaking rules. He wasn't the cause of Jordan McNair's death, yet everyone wants him gone.

Meanwhile, some guy at Notre Dame whose direct order resulted in a student dying never faced a single protest or day off. Just saying'...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Students protesting Durkin's reinstatement.

Durkin's program has been investigated, and while found to be rough, wasn't breaking rules. He wasn't the cause of Jordan McNair's death, yet everyone wants him gone.

Meanwhile, some guy at Notre Dame whose direct order resulted in a student dying never faced a single protest or day off. Just saying'...
Annnnddd.... he's fired. Hope he enjoyed that one day back at work.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The board looks really stupid here, and considering there's an election coming up I would bet this won't sit well with voters.

Do they vote on the board in Maryland? I know my absentee ballot had multiple school board elections on it, including the two big state schools.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Do they vote on the board in Maryland? I know my absentee ballot had multiple school board elections on it, including the two big state schools.
Weird. Ours are all appointed by the governor/state legislature.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

How to tell when you suck at your job: When the public hates your decision so much you have to resign.

Nobody was calling for this guy's head. Nobody. In fact, the board had no power over football coaches. Then they threatened Loh with an ultimatum. Now the coach is gone, Loh has more power, and you've been forced to resign. Huge miscalculation!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: In fact, the board had no power over football coaches. Then they threatened Loh with an ultimatum.
No direct power. But yeah, they totally fucked up on this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is the worst OSU team I've ever seen. And I include the 6-6 Luke Fickell coached team in that measurement.

Offensive line gets no push. Linebackers are MIA most of the time. The secondary is way too young.

I hope we beat TTUN, but I have no desire to see us go to the CFP and get housed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Kentucky finally played a good team, today, and is getting killed.

Clemson's trying to embarrass everyone. Honestly, it's the only way they get a cushion if they drop a game.

The one team UNC beat is leading the ACC Coastal.

Florida lost to KY, lost to UGA, but is #11 cuz of that one win over LSU. Now losing to a TERRIBLE Mizzou team, albeit with 1 half to go.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Michigan finally seeing the winning they expected
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

KY and FL got rolled. UMich with a pretty impressive win.

Go Wildcats.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm thinking this is TTUN's year to get routed by Bama.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they win it all or get close. A lot of that team will be gone next year, and Shea Patterson is either leaving or has one more year. Will Harbaugh bolt back to the NFL?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC has lost, no I'm not kidding, 3 QBs to injury this year.
Ruder is a four-star quarterback, ranked No. 15 in the country in his class of dual-threat quarterbacks. Like most freshmen, though, the coaches deemed him not quite ready to play. Until this week.

But Ruder suffered an injury to his arm or shoulder at some point during his touchdown drive on UNC's first possession of the third quarter, and he didn't come back into the game.
It's almost like, in a weird way, UNC and Elliott are destined to be together. At least for this year. Assuming Fortin and Ruder's injuries are season-ending, knowing Chazz Surratt's wrist injury already is,that leaves the Tar Heels with Elliott and walk-on Manny Miles, who was not ranked by recruiting services and is the son of former LSU coach Les Miles.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, both UofM and UND in the top 4 of AP, and likely to be there for CFP.

That's gotta grind some gears in Ohio, and the parts of Michigan that like MSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That's gotta grind some gears in Ohio
Why do you think OSU fans care about ND? Or was that for MSU fans?

As for where they're ranked, I couldn't care less. We've completely dominated them for well over a decade. It got to the point where it was barely a rivalry, ala the Browns-Steelers. Hard to hate someone when they're an automatic win every year. Just by the law of averages they were bound to get good at some point, if only for a year.

It helps that I don't think OSU is worth shit this year. I would not be shocked if we lost out. We're at MSU, at Maryland, and home against TTUN.

I'm more interested in watching what happens after this year. Say TTUN completes their "revenge tour" (that's what people call this season), and gets to the CFP, what then for Harbaugh? He's only winning this year because a transfer QB came in. The cupboard is still bare there once that guy leaves. So will Harbaugh consider a trip to the CFP as a fulfilled promise and return to the NFL?

Although, to be fair, while I expect TTUN to beat OSU by 2 TDs this year, if we somehow win I will laugh my fucking ass off.

As for other OSU fans, I'm sure it does grind the gears for some. However, the most annoying thing is how vocal TTUN fans finally are, which is also hilarious. They're the worst people on the planet. They celebrate like they won the Super Bowl whenever OSU gets beat. Sadly they have to do so because they rarely get to celebrate their team beating OSU... :D