NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: UNC
Yeah, there's nothing here for UNC.
Except for this:
Donnelly also alleged during her opening argument that Arizona was prepared to offer $150,000 for five-star recruit Nassir Little, who signed with North Carolina.
It's the exact same reason people are questioning how Duke got their star player who was offered money to go elsewhere, but turned it down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, that's a big fat nothing burger. Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. The guy who was courting the bribes from Adidas (Little's AAU coach) already has stated he was planning to keep the money himself. There's zero evidence that the Little family was in on it, and in fact, there are recordings indicating that the family was not involved.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.
Not mine. However, I know someone here who is rooting for Duke's situation to blow up even though it's exactly the same situation...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.
Not mine. However, I know someone here who is rooting for Duke's situation to blow up even though it's exactly the same situation...
You? I don't think I've mentioned it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You (and/or Troy) and I would go quote you, but I'm too lazy to dig through 81 pages. I remember it was right when the story first broke because Coach K's name hasn't been mentioned since.

It wasn't me because I don't give a shit about Duke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

You're on record saying "Fuck Duke"

I did this search, and I don't see me jumping on Duke anywhere: http://www.dtman.com/forum3/search.php? ... =ncaa+duke
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You're on record saying "Fuck Duke"
There was a reason for that at the time. However, I nothing them.
TheCatt wrote: I did this search, and I don't see me jumping on Duke anywhere: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=ncaa+duke
Now search for all the variations of Coach K.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: You're on record saying "Fuck Duke"
There was a reason for that at the time. However, I nothing them.
TheCatt wrote: I did this search, and I don't see me jumping on Duke anywhere: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=ncaa+duke
Now search for all the variations of Coach K.
You can just admit you were wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You can just admit you were wrong.
I laughed.

No, I won't be admitting anything like that. I know it was said here, and I'll stand by that. You and Troy are the most likely suspects. You, a UNC fan, proclaiming otherwise is like a KKK member trying to proclaim that he doesn't have anything against minorities. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No, I won't be admitting anything like that. I know it was said here, and I'll stand by that.
I know, you never can. Despite how frequently it happens....
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: No, I won't be admitting anything like that. I know it was said here, and I'll stand by that.
I know, you never can. Despite how frequently it happens....
Said the pot to the kettle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So... the Big Ten 10 West is a mess. As is the entire ACC except Clemson.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ACC is still a basketball conference. Tries to make football a little more basketbally.
You can only spell defense without A-C-C

The ACC might be a dumpster fire outside of Clemson, but it's a fun dumpster fire. Week 9 was an offensive onslaught for ACC teams, which combined to score 521 points -- or nearly 75 per game. It started with Georgia Tech's onslaught against Virginia Tech on Thursday and ended with the back-and-forth fireworks at the Carrier Dome as Syracuse topped NC State 51-41. Of the seven games, six went over the Las Vegas total, and three -- Cuse-NC State, Wake-Louisville and Duke-Pitt -- topped 90.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So... the Big Ten 10 West is a mess. As is the entire ACC except Clemson.
Everyone is a mess outside of Bama, and they're not because they oversign.

The rest of the SEC is just as bad as everyone else, but their OOC schedules are such a joke that when they play one another all you see are "ranked" teams against each other. The NCAA needs an enema.

UCF looks like they'll be back-to-back champs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: and they're not because they oversign.
The SEC overhauled it's oversigning 7 years ago. You know, back when OSU did it, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I honestly thought the SEC refused to make the change regarding oversigning, but I researched and they did. However, Bama is often accused of using force to get students to medically drop out of the program. That must be why there are still grumblings about their methods.

Although, you're wrong about OSU. While there have been two incidents (one involved a WR under Tressel and one involving guys they knew would transfer under Meyer) at OSU, it has been policy to not do it a lot longer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Although, you're wrong about OSU
I was just going by this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversigning#Ohio_State
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Although, you're wrong about OSU
I was just going by this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversigning#Ohio_State
Yeah, I saw that too. Minor shit that isn't actually oversigning.

Oversigning is bringing guys into camp knowing you have too many scholarship athletes with the intention of having competition to force more veteran players to step up or get out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »