NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That's why we don't judge teams based on one game.
Well, you say that, but we kind of do. When a team loses we judge them on that. There are many talking heads who think OSU in 2015 was the best team in the country, but they didn't make the playoffs because of 1 loss. Bama shouldn't be in the playoffs this year based on one game because it's, literally, the only actual competition they've faced.
TheCatt wrote: I'd prefer OSU at #1, cuz I'd rater have Clemson play LSU than OSU :
Doesn't matter to me. Although, Fields vs Georgia would definitely give the MSM more to talk about.

I guarantee you that the committee will keep OSU and LSU on different sides of the bracket though. The hope is going to be an LSU-OSU final. SEC vs B1G. Joe vs his old team. Fields vs his old conference. OSU's insane support of Joe, something that even LSU fans have been shocked by. (Did you notice Joe still would say "Michigan" in a recent press conference? He referred to them as "that team up North" (TTUN). That shit runs deep.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guarantee you that the committee will keep OSU and LSU on different sides of the bracket though. The hope is going to be an LSU-OSU final. SEC vs B1G. Joe vs his old team. Fields vs his old conference. OSU's insane support of Joe, something that even LSU fans have been shocked by. (Did you notice Joe still would say "Michigan" in a recent press conference? He referred to them as "that team up North" (TTUN). That shit runs deep.
I knew there was a lot of QB shuffling, but I don't know who's who. Didn't realize Joe was at OSU.

Fields I do remember being at UGA. That'd be a nice plotline. They'd have to win out, though.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Take the "eye test" out of it and answer this question:

Minnesota is undefeated and beat a top 4 team (now top 10). Their SOS better than, equal to, or generally right around the same area as Bama's depending on which service you're looking at.

Bama has a loss, hasn't beaten a ranked team, won't win their division, won't win their conference, and that SOS schedule is mocked by everyone not in the SEC or named Clemson.

Why is Bama ranked higher than Minnesota?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why is Bama ranked higher than Minnesota?
Because Bama beat the crap out of their medicore teams, and Minnesota escaped South Dakota State by 7, Fresno State by 3, Ga Southern by 3, and Purdue by 7. Those are NOT the results of a top 10 team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Why is Bama ranked higher than Minnesota?
Because Bama beat the crap out of their medicore teams, and Minnesota escaped South Dakota State by 7, Fresno State by 3, Ga Southern by 3, and Purdue by 7. Those are NOT the results of a top 10 team.
At least they're not playing FCS schools.

The CFP was supposed to eliminate "style points", but clearly it didn't. A win is a win. The 2002 Buckeyes stumbled into the title game after squeaking by their entire schedule. They beat Purdue in the last minute on a 4th and 10 TD pass. They went on to win the title.

Minnesota and Baylor deserve to be ranked higher than Bama. Ditto for Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah. Unlike Bama, all of those teams still can win their divisions and conferences.

The committee had a chance to really make a statement about SOS by hammering Bama down the rankings. They failed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The CFP was supposed to eliminate "style points", but clearly it didn't. A win is a win.
Quality of win matters. And should matter.
Leisher wrote: Minnesota and Baylor deserve to be ranked higher than Bama. Ditto for Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah. Unlike Bama, all of those teams still can win their divisions and conferences.
Disagree. Bama can still win their division + conference, in theory, also.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Quality of win matters. And should matter.
Then explain Bama at 4...
TheCatt wrote: Disagree. Bama can still win their division + conference, in theory, also.
The Browns can also still win the Super Bowl, but that's not going to happen either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Minnesota and Baylor deserve to be ranked higher than Bama. Ditto for Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah. Unlike Bama, all of those teams still can win their divisions and conferences.
Rankings are based on the past, not the future.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Rankings are based on the past, not the future.
Rankings shouldn't be based on previous seasons or brand names.

Breaking news: Chase Young suspended two games and Maryland was one of them. He won't play against Rutgers, but will be back for PSU.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Rankings shouldn't be based on previous seasons or brand names.
The first one will be, but by now they aren't.

Give me MN and Bama on a neutral field, playing 10 games, and tell me you really think Minnesota's winning 6 of those.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Breaking news: Chase Young suspended two games and Maryland was one of them. He won't play against Rutgers, but will be back for PSU.
Way to manipulate the timing, OSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Give me MN and Bama on a neutral field, playing 10 games, and tell me you really think Minnesota's winning 6 of those.
True, they'd win 10. :D

That shit doesn't matter!!!!

I'm simply applying the conditions and standards that have been put upon OSU for years now. Despite being one of the best teams in the country year after year, and being favored by Vegas over most of, and in one case everyone else in, the CFP, OSU kept getting left out for one bullshit reason or another.

Either everyone is treated the same or the system is a broken, corrupt joke.

The eye test is meaningless. So is the preseason polls and really any poll before week 4.

In other news, the PSU fan forums, literally, broke after the news about Chase Young came out. Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Holy fucking shit, OSU... 60 to 32 with 9 left? Poor Nova
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, color me shocked. The freshmen played lights out.

I have no idea what this team's ceiling is yet, but they're fun to watch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
However, a Shelby County court judge on Friday halted the NCAA's ruling for the time being, making Wiseman eligible to play Friday night when the No. 14 Tigers host Illinois-Chicago.

Memphis said in a statement that the NCAA had declared Wiseman eligible in May, but months of investigation followed, ultimately finding documentation of the moving expenses.
And back to ineligible
Memphis announces that James Wiseman has been declared ineligible and will be withheld from competition while it awaits reinstatement from the NCAA. Wiseman can practice, but won't play in games - Jeff Borzello
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Are we not going to talk about the female reproductive system in that Texas stadium?

Would that have been a worse loss than Kentucky?