NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU is 75/1 to win the title.

Expectations are high for a bunch of kids not there yet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Wade is reinstated and I'm not sure why.

OSU got a commitment from a 7' center from Senegal yesterday. They have quite a class coming in.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU loses another QB.

This one is really odd.

No starter has been named, but Day said both guys would be playing. I tend to believe Baldwin's statement about moving closer to home.

Good luck to him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Hearing Rashan Gary scored a 9 on the Wunderlic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC lands Cole Anthony, #2 rated recruit and son of Greg Anthony.

Considering we lost 5 of our 6 best players, this is big for us. Unfortunately, seems to be the last top 50 players that was considering us.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN Twitter account accuses OSU of cheating via "loud noises". Many media members, players, and others point out how untrue their statement is so they immediately change their story in further tweets. Claim OSU fans are creating a false narrative, yet more people, even TTUN fans are pointing out they start the whole thing with a bogus claim. Oh TTUN, how the mighty have fallen.

There are some hilarious responses too, like "I guess only TTUN players can hear them and somehow OSU players are immune?"

The truth is those are pre-game speakers and can also be used during timeouts and halftime, but are NOT on during games, which is why photographers can be camped out in front of them, like in the photo.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Shoe trial details are coming out and they aren't pretty.

A lot more schools listed as having ties including Alabama and Creighton.

Clemson comes out looking REALLY bad. Their asst. coach Smith is on video talking about trying to get Zion to come, but how Clemson can't compete with UNC and Duke's resources (take that for what you will) and how Zion's stepdad won't see a dime if Zion goes to one of those schools.

Then...and this is really huge, and not at all shocking ESPN isn't making a bigger deal of it considering who they're in bed with... he says:
In the video, Smith talked about the influence he had over whom players decided to work with, and he said it was important to keep a "tight" group. He referenced his relationship with Code, a former Clemson standout who he said he called upon when working with Clemson player KJ McDaniels, although he didn't offer specifics.

"That's why football is so successful," Smith said in the video. "If you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you really can keep everything tight."
Yep, he just brought Clemson football into the discussion. BTW, Smith still works at Clemson...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

People are talking about Clemson football now.

ESPN, owner of rights to ACC football, isn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: People are talking about Clemson football now.

Well, at this moment that statement is smoke, not fire. Maybe ESPN is just showing some restraint around rumours - HAHAHAHHA
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: People are talking about Clemson football now.

You're wrong, ESPN IS talking Clemson football
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I wonder where all that money is coming from...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama and Clemson's Over numbers are so high they have to go undefeated.

For those of you who don't understand gambling, that means Vegas thinks the rest of the SEC and ACC are a joke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I remember when I was in college, there was lots of talk of no show jobs, and I saw basketball players in FANCY SUVs, etc (with dealer plates), etc. I remember someone telling me that all this shit would come out when Dean Smith retired.

That was 20+ years ago. On the one hand, maybe it is everywhere; On the other hand, it's really hard to believe that credible verifiable details of all this stuff hasn't come out more... somewhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Arizona officially under investigation.
TheCatt wrote: I remember when I was in college, there was lots of talk of no show jobs, and I saw basketball players in FANCY SUVs, etc (with dealer plates), etc. I remember someone telling me that all this shit would come out when Dean Smith retired.

That was 20+ years ago. On the one hand, maybe it is everywhere; On the other hand, it's really hard to believe that credible verifiable details of all this stuff hasn't come out more... somewhere.
College sports are like a cult. People will never tell, and even if they do, who is listening? Certainly not the NCAA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bama and Clemson's Over numbers are so high they have to go undefeated.

For those of you who don't understand gambling, that means Vegas thinks the rest of the SEC and ACC are a joke.
Well, the ACC sure is. No teams ranked in the preseason polls except Clemson and Syracuse (22).
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC grabs #1 seeds for BOTH men's and women's ultimate frisbee. OSU women got a top 4.