NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Karan Higdon didn't play in UM's bowl game to "protect his draft status".

He then went undrafted.

Today he was waived by the Texans.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Karan Higdon didn't play in UM's bowl game to "protect his draft status".

He then went undrafted.

Today he was waived by the Texans.
Well, he's making $8k/week on the practice squad. So he's got that going for him.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AtoOJMlCM&feature=youtu.be
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Great news! Duke's investigation says Nike didn't pay Zion.

A 5 month investigation that I'm certain was about as detailed as can be, right?
In a statement to ESPN on Friday, Avenatti said the people conducting Duke's outside investigation never contacted him.

"I never heard from anyone associated with Duke in connection with my allegations or any investigation," Avenatti said. "I was never asked a single question. I was never asked what information or documents that I was aware of. Who the hell conducted this investigation? Inspector Clouseau?

"The documents and the hard evidence do not lie. Zion Williamson was paid to attend Duke. [Coach Mike Krzyzewski] has made and facilitated payments to players for years. And when the truth comes out -- and eventually it will -- Coach K and Duke's reputation will forever and rightfully be tarnished.

"And if what I'm saying is untrue, I challenge Coach K and Duke University to file a defamation lawsuit against me tomorrow and we can let the chips fall where they may."
Call me crazy, but maybe, just maybe, you might want to contact the guy who made the accusation and who has seen all the evidence before you wrap up your investigation?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Thad Matta speaking at a ceremony last night said the following:
Where the fuck is the NCAA? They should be blowing up Matta and Russell's phones trying to find out who.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Maryland football is interesting. They shellacked their opponent last week, and are now up 42-13 at the half against a team many considered to be the 2nd best in the ACC.

Locksley is the HC, but has a terrible history in his few times as HC, and is basically playing with Durkin's players.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm watching that one with interest. OSU housed them last year.

Today's game against Cincy was a huge trap game for the Buckeyes. UC has the #2 or #3 defense in the nation last year and lost nobody. OSU is trouncing them. 28-0 at the half. Fields is 15-17 and the two incompletions were a drop and a throwaway. Dobbins has over 100 yards rushing already and UC only allowed 2 of those last year. I don't know any OSU fans who predicted this. Everyone was nervous about this game, especially after last week. However, the coaches clearly opened the offense up this week. All sorts of new looks.

And if you're not paying attention Army is beating scUM in the Big House by 7 at the half. Army plays that slow, boring triple option offense. That means scUM needs to get back into the game fast as the clock is not going to be their friend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: And if you're not paying attention Army is beating scUM in the Big House by 7 at the half.
23.5 point favorites - OUCH
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Game changing error by Army.

2nd and goal and they have a false start. Next play the QB throws a pick. So instead of being up 21-7, scUM drove down and made the game 14-14.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

scUM in overtime with Army.

I will say this, those military schools running the triple option (Army and Navy) are tough as hell to play. I'll mock scUM if they lose, but honestly, I wouldn't think there's much shame in it. Those schools are built to control games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC just converted a 4th and 17, that would have ended the game without it...

And then a player just dropped a possible game winning catch in the end zone.

And a TD! 1 minute left, UNC by 1... 2pt conversion! Up 3!

Also, our punter is terrible. 4 punts, 110 yards TOTAL, 35 long.

Miami missed 50 yd FG to tie!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Bama here we come :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Also, Coastal Carolina, which you've never heard of, and started doing FBS football in 2017, just beat Kansas, 12-7. First Power 5 win ever.

And, FSU in OT by 1 over LA-Monroe. 21 pt spread.

Also, Go Clemson!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

MIAMI AT NORTH CAROLINA
"I'm going Canes here," Howard said.

"If the Tar Heels can catch their breath after last week's victory, I'm going with the Tar Heels," McConaughey said.

"That's a really good pick, but I'm going Miami by one field goal," Corso said.

"I don't know if North Carolina can handle that prosperity," Herbstreit said.
Alright, alright, alright
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Congrats!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The most underrated tweet of the year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

[quote="TheCatt"] I'm going to revel in the past weekend's UNC victory as long as I can, cuz it could all come crashing down every weekend. But, people are projecting UNC will now go to a shitty bowl instead of staying home!

Also, UNC got 2 points in the AP poll this week! WOOOOOO!

UNC was originally projected to be 5-7, then 7-5, and now 8-4 after beating Miami. Favorites to win all their remaining games except Clemson + NCSU. (Granted, barely favored in 4 of those games).

48 votes! Belk or Music City bowl!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Kent State stops women's field hockey game for fireworks.

Clearly Kent State handled this poorly. No excuses at all.

However, to the dip shits saying this was a sexist move, go fuck yourselves. This was about a planned show, not a slam against women's athletics. Maybe if more than 2 people came out to watch you play, you'd get fireworks too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Swan stepped down as AD at USC. Now there's this:
Please, please be true. I don't think the people at USC realize Gene Smith is a twit who cost us a national championship. I also don't think they understand that Meyer grew up a Buckeye. Gene Smith wasn't responsible for getting Meyer, he just happened to be the AD when Meyer came in.

Not saying they couldn't lure Meyer out of retirement, but Gene Smith isn't the key.