NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The CFP has already stated the B1G would be in the discussion if they started Oct 10th.
I reject it.
I would reject the ACC being included at all since only Clemson is good enough, but then I look at the B1G and realize only OSU is good enough, so...
So... is this you admitting only the SEC matters? :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Well, only the MSM matters in the case of the SEC. As long as they keep falsely ranking their teams higher than they should be, the SEC will always have teams in the CFP. Once in a do or die elimination, anything can happen. It just so happens that Bama has a HOF HC and has had enough talent to make it pay off. Although, Bama seems to be on the way out, so it should be interesting to see what happens going forward.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

You eliminated 2 of 4 leagues, so that leaves the Big 12 + SEC. I mean...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The MSM eliminated 4 of the 5 leagues for years, so...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The MSM eliminated 4 of the 5 leagues for years, so...
2 leagues eliminated themselves this year
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The MSM eliminated 4 of the 5 leagues for years, so...
2 leagues eliminated themselves this year
Have you been following the coverage? Lots of folks praising the B1G and Pac-12 then turning right around and praising the conferences playing. Got to love that MSM bias.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Have you been following the coverage?
No. :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Clemson, with star quarterback Trevor Lawrence returning, is 2-1 to win the national championship at the SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas. Alabama is 3-1, followed by Georgia, at 4-1, and Florida and Oklahoma each at 12-1.

Notre Dame, which will compete in the ACC this season, is 16-1, along with Texas. Texas A&M is 30-1, and LSU, last season's national champion, and Auburn are each 40-1.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Nebraska's AG now involved and gives the B1G a legal deadline of 9/21 to respond. So B1G leadership is now facing threatened lawsuits from two state AGs, and there's still crickets from them. Impressive leadership. It's tough to make Trump look like a better leader, but Kevin Warren has done just that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Does the Nebraksa AG even have standing to file?

Hmm, guess I should have read the letter first :)

He has no right to ask about the football documents, he can only ask for the registration documents and such.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I've seen lawyers on the Twitters saying the Ohio AG is correct about OSU having the right to sue for lost revenue. Many read the bylaws and were quoting from it. Then the B1G bylaws disappeared from their website. Ha! (B1G doesn't seem to understand how the internet works...)

Anyway, the B1G, according to their own bylaws, is supposed to rapidly respond to document requests and provide whatever is requested. They have not anything of the sort.

They are simply silent. No public comments whatsoever. Meanwhile, Kevin Warren's kid will be playing this weekend in an SEC game.

It's getting EXTREMELY difficult to be able to tell the conspiracy theorists they're full of shit and this isn't about politics.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's getting EXTREMELY difficult to be able to tell the conspiracy theorists they're full of shit and this isn't about politics.
It's not, but conspiracies love a vacuum.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Football is being played in most or all B1G states.

The B1G commissioner's son is playing football in the SEC.

All of the B1G presidents authorized in person classes and people living in dorms.

All of the B1G schools authorized intramural sports that are being played RIGHT NOW on campuses.

The B1G has zero plans to cancel out of conference games for their bball seasons that start in November, but football can't be played in October?

And why will Kevin Warren's job be safe despite making the B1G a national disgrace?
Warren, the first black commissioner of a Power Five conference
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

#FreeJustinFields sign at game day
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Carolina looks ugly. :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:Carolina looks ugly. :(
Our O-line is way too porous :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:Carolina looks ugly. :(
Our O-line is way too porous :(
Turns out our starting left guard was out. So that hurt. But we're thin up front, that's going to be a concern all year.

But the 2nd half went much better than the 1st half, 31-6 - woot!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Iowa State, some people's dark horse Big 12 pick, lost to Louisiana.