NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You can bait all day, I'm not biting. Especially when it's clear your basketball is dirty, and your football program has started paying recruits.
Big words for no proof.

Memphis loses top recuit cuz their coach helped out the player 11 years ago. At the time, the coach was not involved with the program, as I understand it, but had gone to Memphis undergrad.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

However, a Shelby County court judge on Friday halted the NCAA's ruling for the time being, making Wiseman eligible to play Friday night when the No. 14 Tigers host Illinois-Chicago.

Memphis said in a statement that the NCAA had declared Wiseman eligible in May, but months of investigation followed, ultimately finding documentation of the moving expenses.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I've never seen Chase Young, apparently. Based on his name I thought he was white. Just saw a picture of him. Darker and dreadier than I imagined
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Big words for no proof.
You're not the only troll.
TheCatt wrote: I've never seen Chase Young, apparently. Based on his name I thought he was white. Just saw a picture of him. Darker and dreadier than I imagined
Racist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Racist
Ever met a black person named Chase? It's kinda rare
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU expecting 4 game suspension for Chase that will be appealed and hopefully reduced.

This is such a bad look for the NCAA. All the scandals playing out in federal court exposing schools for paying players and the NCAA has taken no action. Meanwhile a guy takes a legit loan out to fly his girlfriend to a bowl game and he gets punished. Plus, a coach helps a player in Memphis over a decade ago and through luck they end up together, so of course, that must be punished.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Minnesota is beating PSU 21-10 just before halftime.

And TCU has blanked Baylor into halftime.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Plus, a coach helps a player in Memphis over a decade ago and through luck they end up together, so of course, that must be punished.
No. Not luck at all. 1) Hardaway had already given $1M to Memphis before all this happened. 2) Hardaway was a Memphis high school coach, and there was a prior lawsuit 2 (or 3?) years ago about the SAME player being eligible in high school cuz he wanted to go to Hardaway's school. Zero luck was involved.

Hardaway gave the family > $11k to move to Memphis.
Prospective student-athletes and their families aren’t allowed to accept $11,500. Hardaway was allowed to give it to him because he wasn’t yet employed by the University of Memphis. But Wiseman, according to NCAA bylaws, was technically ineligible the moment his mother accepted those moving expenses since the NCAA considers Hardaway a booster.

Wiseman appears to be following the same playbook he used when the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association initially ruled him ineligible to play at Memphis East High School. Wiseman had transferred to East, where Hardaway was the coach, from Nashville’s Ensworth School.

In that instance, a lawsuit was also filed in a Shelby County Court and a similar temporary injunction was issued. The case was never actually resolved before Wiseman graduated, and he played two seasons at East, which included a state championship in Hardaway’s final season.

Wiseman and his family have long claimed his move to Memphis was to be closer to his sister, who is currently a student at the University of Memphis. The TSSAA alleged it was to play for Hardaway, who had become his grassroots basketball coach in the summer of 2017.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: PSU beat Pitt by 7.
I reiterate that PSU was overrated
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TIL: You cannot "celebrate with fans" after scoring in the NCAA, it's a 15 yd penalty.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I know Bama is only down 3, but their TDs came from a punt return and a fluke bomb when the CB was checking with the sideline on the defensive call. Point being, if Bama loses and they should NEVER be discussed for the postseason again this year. They do not look good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I know Bama is only down 3, but their TDs came from a punt return and a fluke bomb when the CB was checking with the sideline on the defensive call. Point being, if Bama loses and they should NEVER be discussed for the postseason again this year. They do not look good.
25 minutes later, they are down 33-13

Tua certainly seems to have come back too early.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If LSU loses this game it's on their coaches. They got way too conservative.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

No, but seriously, what the fuck is LSU's coaching staff doing?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No, but seriously, what the fuck is LSU's coaching staff doing?
That terrible D on the 85 yd TD... oof.

So 1/2 OSU/LSU
3 - Clemson (assuming they beat NCSU)
4 - Georiga?
5 - Bama :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama's big problem is they will not win their conference, and their schedule is a joke. They're not going to have any signature wins.

I don't know where they'll drop, but sadly your prediction of 5 seems likely. They lost at home as a 7 point favorite and somehow they'll be rewarded.

PSU should drop to 11 and Minnesota should move to 10.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They're not going to have any signature wins.
Auburn's a possibility at the end. Otherwise, they still have "best loss" despite a terrible schedule.

The problem, as people saw last night, is that the B12 is not very good. The ACC only has Clemson. That leaves Pac12 or B10 to keep SEC from getting two teams.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Oregon seems legit. If they win out, they'll have a tougher schedule than Bama, and a conference title.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Oregon seems legit. If they win out, they'll have a tougher schedule than Bama, and a conference title.
But also a loss to Auburn, who Bama would have to beat to be in the discussion. Beat Wash by 2, and WSU by 2 also. Meh.