NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really wanted you to bite harder on that comparison.
I can spot trolls, too.
Leisher wrote: Great defense, weak offense,
Non-existent offense.
Leisher wrote: They blew #14 TTUN off the field and will be playing ranked Iowa this week. They also finished with Minnesota, who I'm guessing will be unranked by then.
This is the B10 using the same tactics the SEC are taking. "We're all strong and beat each other"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

My favorite part of your responses today is when you ignored all the stuff you couldn't dispute. :D

Schiano back to Rutgers?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of schedules, OSU plays Oregon in a home and home starting next year. Clemson plays Notre Dame in a home and home. Bama plays USC at a neutral site and only travels four times, all within conference.

What a joke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Speaking of schedules, OSU plays Oregon in a home and home starting next year. Clemson plays Notre Dame in a home and home. Bama plays USC at a neutral site and only travels four times, all within conference.

What a joke.
Those first two are very reasonable. And yes on the joke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Game 1 Cole Anthony sure lived up to expectations. He's been wearing prescription lenses, and for most of the first half (or all of it?) he wore them in the game. I think he air-balled one shot. Had 4 points, then took them off and scored 30 more.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

All of our NCAAM teams are undefeated!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: All of our NCAAM teams are undefeated!
Too bad that can only last 1 more month :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UGA has some strong future scheduling
eorgia has scheduled future home-and-home series with several Power 5 opponents, including Oklahoma (2023, '31), UCLA (2025, '26), Florida State (2027, '28), Texas (2028, '29) and Clemson (2029, '30, '32, '33).

The Bulldogs will also play three Power 5 opponents in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta: Virginia in 2020, Oregon in 2022 and Clemson in 2024.
OSU (almost) meets my 1 upper tier Power 5 non-conf per year threshold
The Buckeyes will play future home-and-home series against Oregon (2020, '21), Notre Dame (2022, '23), Washington (2024, '25), Texas (2025, '26) and Boston College (2026, '27).
BC? C'mon...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

We're posting at the same time...

OSU and Georgia just agreed to a home-home series for 2030 and 2031.

So their home-home series list for the next decade includes Oregon, Texas, Washington, Georgia, and Notre Dame. They will play Texas and Washington both in 2025. They still need to fill the 27,28, and 29 schedules. The BC addition means OSU will play Washington and BC in 2026.

Here's Bama's future opponents. Keep in mind, they are notorious for cancelling series a year or two out, and/or rescheduling them to a single neutral site game.

This is cool:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC gets 5th 2020 recruit, Puff Johnson, brother of former UNC player Cam Johnson. Currently #2 ranked class, behind Duke.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Congrats to UNC. Meanwhile, the Buckeyes celebrate when they get a transfer...

Thinking about that scheduling stuff more, OSU and everyone else in the B1G, Pac-12, and Big 12 should steadfastly refuse to increase their schedule difficulty until the SEC is forced to schedule the same way as other conferences. Meaning: No FCS games. Home-Home series with P5 schools. The same number of conference games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meanwhile, the Buckeyes celebrate when they get a transfer...
We picked up 2 transfers this year, and Cam had been a transfer, too. Transfers matter!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Chase Young out due to possible NCAA violation

Better forfeit all the other games, too :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

We’ll forfeit when LSU does the same for all of its players getting paid that nobody cares about. Or when there’s any punishment for the shoe scandal. Or when Clemson actually gets in trouble for paying players and giving them PEDs.

:D

I’m hearing it was self reported by OSU and seems to be a minor thing. I guess they’re sitting him for Maryland and maybe Rutgers so he’ll be available the rest of the year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guess they’re sitting him for Maryland and maybe Rutgers so he’ll be available the rest of the year.
Convenient timing. I still say they have to forfeit the Wisconsin game, and sit him for PSU :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Forfeitures only happen when the school is aware of the incident and plays someone anyway. The fact that this is self reported proves that isn’t the case.

This just came out:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Forfeitures only happen when the school is aware of the incident and plays someone anyway. The fact that this is self reported proves that isn’t the case.

This just came out:
Last year? Going to have to forfeit every game he played in this year!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Latest details I'm hearing are:
-The loan came from an actual family friend, not an agent.
-It was paid back before it ever went public.
-Absolutely nothing has been a lie in Young''s story.

What exactly is he being suspended for?

It''s too bad he doesn't play football in the SEC or basketball for UNC. He could take cash on the field during a game and nothing would be done.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It was paid back before it ever went public.
SO THEY HID IT
Leisher wrote: The loan came from an actual family friend, not an agent
Family friend who SUPPORTS OSU? HMMMM!?
Leisher wrote: Absolutely nothing has been a lie in Young''s story.
LIE OF OMISSION!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You can bait all day, I'm not biting. Especially when it's clear your basketball is dirty, and your football program has started paying recruits.