NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That took a little longer than It should have
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NC State's old coach is linked to direct payments to players.

Judge rules against the NCAA in an anti-trust lawsuit. It's not the win the plaintiffs wanted though. The judge says the players should get more compensation in the form of more education.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So what happens to the 3 coaches tied so far (Assuming the allegations are true): 5 year ban from coaching? Permanent ban from coaching? At the moment, I'd say it's hard to punish the schools themselves. Aside from forfeiting games with those players, maybe?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TAR HEELS!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

LSU fans are delusional. Their program is about to get drilled and they're oblivious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So that OSU game was almost amazing
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Almost indeed.

They're just not a well built team. Half Matta's recruits and half Holtman's. Next year should be better with most of Matta's guys gone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UPenn coach took bribe to get a kid into college. So that's kinda the opposite of the other recruiting scandals?
Former Penn basketball coach Jerome Allen testified during a federal criminal trial on Friday that he accepted roughly $300,000 in bribes from a Florida businessman to help get the man's son into the Ivy League school using a basketball priority slot.

Allen, now an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics, pleaded guilty in October to accepting an $18,000 bribe from the man in 2014.

The $300,000 total wasn't disclosed until Allen testified during the $450 million Medicare and Medicaid fraud case involving Philip Esformes, a Miami nursing home mogul.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ho ly fuck
Once the student was admitted to Yale, Singer mailed Meredith a check for $400,000 in January 2018.

In the spring and summer of 2018, the student's relatives paid Singer about $1.2 million in multiple installments, including $900,000 paid to the nonprofit.
This is a little weird, as it wouldn't appear to be an NCAA thing, since they are not student-athletes, but they are member institutions... Enjoy jail, fuckers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Wade believes LSU should allow him to keep coaching.

This is either supreme arrogance or he just wants to be able to showcase his coaching skills so he can try to get a job in the NBA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, that's a negative, ghost rider.

Good luck coaching in the NCAA again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Projections have OSU heading to the dance after beating Indiana today. Whoever draws them is getting an easy win.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Projections have OSU heading to the dance after beating Indiana today. Whoever draws them is getting an easy win.
You never know, they may be in a play-in game, which should be competitive :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

SBNation has them in the "Last Four with a Bye" group right now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Does Kentucky s loss give UNC the 4th #1 seed?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Does Kentucky s loss give UNC the 4th #1 seed?
According to one thing I saw today, yes.

This is for you Catt: