NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Congrats, Leisher

It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I can agree with that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Thanks! Nobody hates losers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty terrible start for MSU last night, barely won.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, their defense was supposed to be top 5 in the nation.

I was pondering that most hated list. Everyone hates winners so Bama and OSU up top make sense. However, the teams on that list that haven’t been relevant in forever are the truly hated.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So I was watching a game, and noticed my pet peeve, offsides on a kickoff. The receiving team bungled it, and ended up at their own 8 yard line. I was like "Wow, if only the refs had noticed the offsides..." AND THEY DID. The offense was already on the field, etc, but then they realized a line judge had thrown the flag for offsides. Dude was about 1 yd ahead of the kicker.

Haven't seen that in a while.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So, I think we can go ahead and declare the following teams for the CFP:
Bama
Clemson
Georgia
Notre Dame
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So, I think we can go ahead and declare the following teams for the CFP:
Bama
Clemson
Georgia
Notre Dame
I laughed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: So, I think we can go ahead and declare the following teams for the CFP:
Bama
Clemson
Georgia
Notre Dame
I laughed.
:)

Man, rough start for PSU as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was at a TTUN-ND party yesterday. Lots of smack talk during the early Buckeyes-Beavers game.

Right around halftime of the TTUN-ND game I left as 80% of the party was already gone or leaving. Lots of "Harbaugh sucks", "he's our Cooper", "canceling my season tickets", etc.

TTUN was supposed to have a top 5 defense, and while their front 7 is good, that secondary is baaaaad. ND's QB was under pressure all day, but there was no help from the DBs. Shea Patterson clearly isn't elite either. He's really good while running, and seems to be more accurate outside the pocket, but if you trap him in the pocket, he's terrible.

Bucks looked fine, but that young defense is going to cost them against TCU if they don't correct the issues fast. 2 long Beaver touchdowns were because the freshmen linebackers were out of position. Our offense looked ridiculously good though. Might want to take the over in the TCU-OSU game in two weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Toledo Rockets provide the most efficient play in college football history.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I can only imagine after the FSU game last night how those people were feeling.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Yeah, I can only imagine after the FSU game last night how those people were feeling.
They're in there! 10 minutes into the game "#FireTaggart".

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ohio State and Oklahoma probably heading to court over block O.
The notice of opposition was filed last week. Ohio State uses the block "O" as its primary logo, and the school extensively outlines the history of its use in the action.

The University of Oklahoma Board of Regents filed a trademark application for the mark in December 2017. OU claims its block "O" has been in commercial use since 2001. The mark is most noticeable to Sooner fans as the logo on the chest of the drum major.

Ohio State claims it has used the block "O" since 1898 and that Oklahoma's applied-for mark is "highly similar" and that "confusion is likely."
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »