NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

3 game suspensions for Meyer and Smith.

I expect President Drake will be let go next time his contract is up. He can go back to UC Berkeley.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 3 game suspensions for Meyer and Smith.

I expect President Drake will be let go next time his contract is up. He can go back to UC Berkeley.
Seems reasonable enough.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: 3 game suspensions for Meyer and Smith.

Seems reasonable enough.
It is reasonable for Smith. Not for Meyer who was already suspended for three weeks. All evidence proves he didn't do anything wrong by the school's policies. Smith is the one who dropped the ball.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It is reasonable for Smith. Not for Meyer who was already suspended for three weeks. All evidence proves he didn't do anything wrong by the school's policies. Smith is the one who dropped the ball.
It's not always about the letter of the law. And most employment contracts have vague wording that can mean anything. Also, a 3 week pre-season suspension doesn't mean much.
When repeatedly asked about the 2015 investigation of Zach Smith, Meyer denied any knowledge of the situation, saying, "I don't know who creates a story like that." Both Gene Smith and football operations director Brian Voltolini, surprised by Meyer's comments in Chicago, later informed Meyer that he was, in fact, aware of the 2015 investigation into domestic violence allegations against Zach Smith.

"We cannot logically square Coach Meyer's responses on Big Ten Media Days broadly denying knowledge of the 2015 events regarding Zach Smith with his extensive knowledge of those events in 2015 and the evident knowledge of AD Gene Smith of the 2015 events reflected in the group text message of July 23 and July 24, 2018 sent to Coach Meyer," investigators wrote in their report.
Meyer messed up. 3 weeks is enough punishment for the university to face some face, and light enough that it doesn't really matter in the scheme of life.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is Smith suspended or fired? Or are there multiple Smiths cheating and breaking rules?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is Smith suspended or fired? Or are there multiple Smiths cheating and breaking rules?
Zach Smith, the assistant - Fired.

Geno(?) Smith the AD - suspended 3 weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Also, a 3 week pre-season suspension doesn't mean much.
Neither does a three week suspension where Meyer is still allowed to coach at all practices. Yep, he'll be coaching, just not at the games.
TheCatt wrote: Meyer messed up.
Yeah, he lied to the media. Apparently, that's treason now and everyone who does it should be put to death. It's still ok for the media to lie to the public though. That's what really matters.
TheCatt wrote: Geno(?) Smith the AD - suspended 3 weeks.
Geno Smith is a QB in the NFL. Gene Smith is the AD at OSU. Black people aren't all the same person, racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Gene Smith is the AD at OSU. Black people aren't all the same person, racist.
Gene Smith is black? Who knew.
Leisher wrote: Yeah, he lied to the media.
Hired Zack Smith to begin with...

At any rate, it's bad optics, and 'something' had to be done.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Hired Zack Smith to begin with...
Misguided loyalty to his own mentor, Earl Bruce. Zack is Woody's grandson. Truth be told, his termination means we're getting a better WR coach in Brian Hartline.
TheCatt wrote: At any rate, it's bad optics, and 'something' had to be done.
I get the PR side of it, although if we're being honest, OSU isn't going to be hurt by this in the slightest.

What REALLY bugs me are people attacking Meyer over Courtney Smith. Fuck that cunt. Her own mother has come out against her saying she was making shit up, she was abusive, she's a drunk, and she's been plotting this revenge for a while. SHE put her children in danger and kept them there for nine years, and somehow that's Meyer's fault? Why does none of that matter?

Bug me about Meyer employing Zach Smith when he clearly should have not had a job for years. I'm ok with that.

But the Courtney Smith shit? Fuck that and anyone who tries to cite her is clearly full of shit and coming from a place of bias.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cheerleader: "We were cut because of our anthem protest!"

Me: "Uh...only 4 of you were cut. 1 is still there, and almost double the applicants applied to be cheerleaders this year. Also, you're in college and a representative of the school. You don't have free speech when on the field."

Cheerleader: "Racism!"

This is everything now:
1. Outrage over not being able to act however one wants.
2. Public condemns person is they're right leaning or offers support if left leaning.
3. Logically thinking people point out facts.
4. Facts are ignored and screams of racism, sexism, etc. ensue.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tom Herman is now being dragged under the Courtney/Zack Smith bus. Also, evidence release by the OSU investigative team proves even more that Meyer did the right stuff and only lied to reporters.

So why is he suspended?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, evidence release by the OSU investigative team proves even more that Meyer did the right stuff and only lied to reporters.
I feel like you answered your own question. He's supposed to be a better example/person.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Also, evidence release by the OSU investigative team proves even more that Meyer did the right stuff and only lied to reporters.
I feel like you answered your own question. He's supposed to be a better example/person.
No, his texts even admit he wasn't going to talk to the press about it if asked because IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

And that's why certain MSM members attacked him so hard. (Aside from the being fans of other schools...)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Eh. If you work for a public institution, it is the press' business. He really should have known better. Anything else is going to look like a cover-up. He could have deferred to the AD, or something else, but lying isn't good optics.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Eh. If you work for a public institution, it is the press' business. He really should have known better. Anything else is going to look like a cover-up. He could have deferred to the AD, or something else, but lying isn't good optics.
Dude was already fired. They can go do their research elsewhere, not at a football presser.

Also, apparently he thought they were talking about a different arrest than the one he thought they were going to ask about.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, the OTHER 2015 arrest that... oh wait.

At any rate... nearly inconsequential punishment.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It will be interesting when the Zach-Courtney case goes to court next month. We'll see what comes out of that and which side the law takes.

It has the potential of making the MSM and the court of public opinion look even dumber.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Zach Smith went full Trump today.

You never go full Trump!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Zach Smith went full Trump today.

You never go full Trump!
He may have out-Trumped Trump.