NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I don't see enough worth firing him.

Meanwhile, 13 UNC players suspended at least 1 game each for selling shoes. Fucking hell, UNC.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ah, I remember when OSU players were caught selling their personal property in exchange for tattoos. The coach was fired, players were suspended several games, and they lost the ability to go to a bowl game.

I guess it's not that serious of a crime anymore...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ah, I remember when OSU players were caught selling their personal property in exchange for tattoos. The coach was fired, players were suspended several games, and they lost the ability to go to a bowl game.

I guess it's not that serious of a crime anymore...
I think your team has to be good for people to care.

NCAA: You have to vacate all your wi... Oh. YEah, uh, they just have to sit out games.

Actually, the difference is that Tressel knew, and did not report his players, whereas UNC Self reported as soon as someone found out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Actually, the difference is that Tressel knew, and did not report his players, whereas UNC Self reported as soon as someone found out.
That's a fair point for punishing Tressel, but not the school and all the other players, including those who hadn't even played a snap yet.

And the NCAA will always be a joke to me until they eliminate oversigning.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Actually, the difference is that Tressel knew, and did not report his players, whereas UNC Self reported as soon as someone found out.
That's a fair point for punishing Tressel, but not the school and all the other players, including those who hadn't even played a snap yet.

And the NCAA will always be a joke to me until they eliminate oversigning.
Well, the HC is the program. So the program should be punished. Details can be argued, but the program has to be punished, I'd argue.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The NCAA makes major bball rule changes.

I guess they're done pretending bball players want an education.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Waiting for the company that does background checks for OSU to leak that the school knew. Or. . . do they actually NOT do background checks on their employees?!

I'm guessing the strategy for this is "Everyone be quite and stop talking about it. And then lets just nonchalantly start training and hope no one notices!" In other words, hoping enough time will pass and people will stop caring and Urban can just stay without incident.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I haven't seen enough that Urban gets punished severely.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well duh! You'll never see everything!

I don't know enough about anything to really say one way or the other. I'm just up here in Michigan hoping he gets fired. :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Waiting for the company that does background checks for OSU to leak that the school knew. Or. . . do they actually NOT do background checks on their employees?!
That company would go out of business overnight and its employees jailed. The public, contrary to popular opinion, does not have a right to all information.
Cakedaddy wrote: I'm guessing the strategy for this is "Everyone be quite and stop talking about it. And then lets just nonchalantly start training and hope no one notices!" In other words, hoping enough time will pass and people will stop caring and Urban can just stay without incident.
Weird because it's all I see in the news. A headline relating to this story has been on ESPN's front page since it broke two weeks ago. That's perception for you and the difference in our fandom. I see the story everywhere and want a strong Michigan because that makes our conference and us better. You don't see it enough because you want a weak OSU because you don't have faith Michigan is good enough to win on the field. You clearly need to stop eating chicken! :D

The chicken thing, for those who don't understand, is because Jim Harbaugh believes eating chicken makes you weak because they're nervous animals...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Michigan players might be involved in the same shoe selling scandal as UNC players.

When will these kids learn that it's not ok to sell your own property...
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't read ESPN or much news at all. So I'm not seeing it.

It's not that Michigan needs a weak OSU to be able to beat OSU. It's because 'Fuck OSU'! I'm the guy who would see the world burn, if it meant OSU had a bad day. :-)

I don't know enough about the Chicken thing to comment. I'd want to hear a direct quote with context instead of an Internet MEME to consider myself informed. Since I've only seen the latter, I don't feel qualified to comment.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I don't know enough about the Chicken thing to comment. I'd want to hear a direct quote with context instead of an Internet MEME to consider myself informed. Since I've only seen the latter, I don't feel qualified to comment.
The quote is in this forum if you care to look. Not the meme either. The actual interview it came from.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, at least he's not hiring people who beat their wives. ;-)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Well, at least he's not hiring people who beat their wives. ;-)
He does, however, have sleepovers with underage boys.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Zach Smith a bit of a wild man
Documents and receipts Stadium has obtained show Zach Smith ordered more than $2,200 in sex toys, male apparel and photography equipment and had the items delivered to him at Ohio State’s Woody Hayes Athletic Center in 2015.

The Woody Hayes Athletic Center houses all Buckeye football operations.

All of the items were delivered to “Zach Smith, Woody Hayes Athletic Center, 535 Irving Schottenstein Drive, Columbus” between February and May 2015. Copies of some of those documents are listed below.

Courtney Smith said Zach Smith took multiple photos of his penis inside the Ohio State coaches’ offices, inside the White House when the Buckeyes visited in 2015 and also photographed himself in the coaches’ offices receiving oral sex and having sex with a OSU staffer.

After winning the 2014 national title, the Buckeyes were honored at the White House on April 20, 2015.

One photo of Smith’s penis, taken on April 20, 2015 according to a time stamp, shows Smith in his black suit he wore to the White House event. Another photo of Smith’s penis includes a White House bathroom towel featuring the Seal of the President of the United States