NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Kansas has also suspended athletics.

I figure OSU will be quick to follow suit since the campus is already shut down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

I'm feeling like the tournament is gonna be called at this point. Every other conference and major sports leagues have suspended their season and now individual schools are dropping out.

This is just showing how money hungry and greedy the NCAA is, they have done absolutely nothing about all of this up to this point.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: This is just showing how money hungry and greedy the NCAA is, they have done absolutely nothing about all of this up to this point.
You're aware that a few days ago they had already declared fans would not be allowed to attend, right? That's not nothing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Yeah, i guess i was thinking it was for the conference championships and the state governments or the conferences themselves decided that. So i guess i'll give them credit for that, but it doesn't change my opinion.

They are really the last sports event that hasn't suspended yet. Hell, the Big East actually played the first half of one game today before they called it. My opinion is that it should've been on the NCAA to make the call, not all the individual schools or conferences.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The ACC has canceled all sports.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: So i guess i'll give them credit for that, but it doesn't change my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, they're evil, greedy, and corrupt, but give credit where it's due.
Stranger wrote: They are really the last sports event that hasn't suspended yet.
Wrestlemania is still being debated!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

A little bit sad. BUT, it does mean UNC didn't miss the tourney this year!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Joel Klatt wins the internet today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I'm already having sports withdrawal. :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The NCAA has instituted a recruiting dead period for all DI sports, effective until at least April 15. While coaches will not be on the road, Coaches may still call, Facetime, text, DM, or email contactable prospects.
No in person recruiting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN should do a 353 team NCAA tournament using EA sports or whatever they can.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Where the actual team picks someone actually on the team to be the player. Instead of just random people not associated with the teams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Where the actual team picks someone actually on the team to be the player. Instead of just random people not associated with the teams.
Sold!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Paywalled.

Our local paper had NC State winning the ACC tournament... lol