NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Bet they give LSU the #1
Yep poop. So the real championship is the semi
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, it doesn't matter in the slightest. It's the top four teams and we have to beat two of them to be the champions. Beating Clemson and then LSU would be a far, far, far better narrative for OSU and a nightmare for ESPN.

Here's the truly scary part, and evidence of how strong the southern bias is in that committee:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I'd rather play Oklahoma than the other 3 teams
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The committee should debate things, as an all things considered approach. How close the debate was it what matters
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN's FPI sucks...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ESPN's FPI sucks...
Show me your better models.

FPI punishes coaching changes. Otherwise it seemed to line up with other preseason rankings I could find.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Show me your better models.
There shouldn't be any models. These teams change rosters every year.
TheCatt wrote: FPI punishes coaching changes. Otherwise it seemed to line up with other preseason rankings I could find.
The FPI actually uses the previous 4 years of results to help determine their predictions for the current season. That's insane.

Show me the preseason rankings that had OSU and Wisconsin's chances of winning the B1G so low.

Here's my 2020 preseason top 10 that I'm making up right now. #remindme8/15/2020
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Georgia
7. Florida
8. Baylor
9. Texas
10. Michigan

Let's see how close I get versus the FPI.

Update: I removed Oklahoma for Baylor as I think Lincoln Riley might take the Dallas Cowboys job.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Hearing Bama will lose Butch Jones to Colorado State.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU #3 (basketball). UNC down to #17. Big Ten now has 3 of the top 5
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Former Bama player's mother blasts Saban and his staff. Says they gave her son PEDs.

Interesting that he then attacked her for making it public, but also confirmed her story was true.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Former Bama player's mother blasts Saban and his staff. Says they gave her son PEDs.

Interesting that he then attacked her for making it public, but also confirmed her story was true.
A large # of athletes are diagnosed as being "ADHD" in college.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Former Bama player's mother blasts Saban and his staff. Says they gave her son PEDs.

A large # of athletes are diagnosed as being "ADHD" in college.
Right? And the only solution is for their coach to give them meds, not a doctor.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If Riley stays and this guy replaces Hurts, I'm putting Oklahoma back into my top 10 in place of Baylor.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU stomped PSU. PSU just beat Maryland.

And another #1 team loses...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The tournament is going to be wild this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Taggart to FAU.

This is a bad hire.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

And, Michigan loses another game, this time to an unranked opponent. Butler lost; So we're down to 4 unbeatens. OSU + Auburn are the only Power 5 unbeatens left.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'm so confused about OSU this year.

I have no faith in them as I know nothing about them yet. I know more about Holtman than the players, aside from the Wessons who are playing MUCH better.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm so confused about OSU this year.

I have no faith in them as I know nothing about them yet. I know more about Holtman than the players, aside from the Wessons who are playing MUCH better.
We'll find out when they play Kentucky! ESPN gives OSU a 66% chance of winning.