NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sucks the one guy went out hurt. He a key player?

USC is keeping Helton.
I'm in Vegas at bars, he was a starterr, but not one of our 2 stars. Not quite sure who it was other than that.

The games on TV, but hard to follow for me
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Sucks the one guy went out hurt. He a key player?

USC is keeping Helton.
I'm in Vegas at bars, he was a starterr, but not one of our 2 stars. Not quite sure who it was other than that.

The games on TV, but hard to follow for me
Oh shit, I was wrong. I thought I saw #15 (Garrison Brooks), but it was #5(Armando Bacot), who is our star power forward. So sucks to be us.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Hopefully it was minor and he'll be back during this season.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Hopefully it was minor and he'll be back during this season.
You're being too gracious in your smack down
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Hopefully it was minor and he'll be back during this season.
You're being too gracious in your smack down
Stranger can confirm this, but I'm not a huge shit talker.

When my team loses a big game I feel like shit, and the last thing I want is someone shitting on me for something I already feel bad about. Thus, I don't do that to other people.

I mean, I don't do that to friends. If I see someone being a dick online I will absolutely take a shot at them.

I might make a sideways joke months later if warranted, but I'm not going out of my way to rub someone's face in this own misery.

Also, I genuinely hope the guy is ok. I cannot be the only fan who gets bummed when a star player goes out hurt. Sure, there's the "this makes our chance of winning more likely" emotion, but there's also the "Shit, this is the excuse we'll hear" emotion too. It's just better when your team wins versus their team at full power. I'd prefer people don't get seriously hurt rather than win a game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's just better when your team wins versus their team at full power
True.

Unless it's Brady.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I think that's the end for them.

If Oklahoma beats Baylor, they're probably in IF Georgia loses AND OSU beats Wisky.
Wisky has to house OSU to have a shot and have Georgia lose.
Georgia just has to win and they're in.
OSU and LSU can both lose, according to "experts" and they'll still be in.
If Clemson loses, I truly believe they're out based on their schedule.

Is it weird that I'd rather play Georgia than Oklahoma? Oklahoma worries me because it could become a shoot out.

I'm the worst fan. OSU has broken multiple records this year for offensive efficiency and whatnot, but I have zero faith. When it comes to sports I'm oddly "glass is half empty".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, I think that's the end for them.
I only left a question mark cuz they game wasn't over yet.
Leisher wrote: When it comes to sports I'm oddly "glass is half empty".
I'm similar, but part of it is uz I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. Ala 1994 Tar Heels. :(
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Not a very meaningful statement when you still schedule FCS teams, Oregon.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Not a very meaningful statement when you still schedule FCS teams, Oregon.
Extremely solid counter.

Baylor eliminated from the CFP, but you have to wonder if they would have pulled off the upset if their QB hadn't been injured.

Oklahoma is in the driver's seat for that 4th spot UNLESS Georgia wins. I think if Georgia loses, it's got to be Oklahoma, right? Even if Wisky wins because of their 2 loses.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think if Georgia loses, it's got to be Oklahoma, right? Even if Wisky wins because of their 2 loses.
I would believe so. At this point, OSU losing would just change the seeding.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If Cincy wins, all three of OSU's OOC opponents will have won their conference.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Goodbye, Georgia.

Whole lotta nothing happening today, surprisewise.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If Cincy wins, all three of OSU's OOC opponents will have won their conference.
Mike Norvell ruins your stat, and joins FSU
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU struggling because Fields cannot set his left foot to throw. Strained MCL so he can’t run either.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Officials are horrific. Buckeyes are being tackled on the backfield with no holding. They also just missed a blatant false start on OSU that would have gotten a TD called back.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

A tale of two halves. Buckeyes win easily in the 2nd half.

Undefeated season complete. CFP confirmed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Bet they give LSU the #1