NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Goodbye Bama
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

For about 5 minutes there I was worried our season was done when Fields went down...

...But then he came back and his first play was a helluva dime tossed for a TD, and then I remembered how awesome we are!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I'm going to revel in the past weekend's UNC victory as long as I can, cuz it could all come crashing down every weekend. But, people are projecting UNC will now go to a shitty bowl instead of staying home!

Also, UNC got 2 points in the AP poll this week! WOOOOOO!
Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Independence Stadium, Shreveport, Louisiana
Dec. 26, 4 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Louisiana Tech vs. North Carolina
Schlabach: Virginia Tech vs. Louisiana Tech

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
Dec. 27, noon, ESPN
Bonagura: Florida State vs. Tulane
Schlabach: North Carolina vs. Tulane
!ReminMe 12/10/2019
QUALIFIED FOR A SHITTY BOWL TONIGHT! 6-6! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! And creamed NC State to boot.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Duke and Ohio State headline next year's Battle for Atlantis. Get your flights now, Leisher!
We might be pretty good next year. I'll try to talk the wife into it.

Big win today. Usually I enjoy going to TTUN's forums and just reading the hate, but today was different. LOTS of sane voices telling the whiners and complainers to shut up. I feel bad for the good fans like that. They deserve better.

Also, bye bye Bama. I cannot believe they lost with 12 men on the field. I thought Saban's head was going to explode.

Congrats on the bowl game tonight Catt! I wish you had qualified 1 week earlier because you had a win over Clemson. :D

I think the top 4, at the end, is going to be OSU, LSU, Clemson, and Utah/Oklahoma. The monkey wrenches will be if Georgia beats LSU and if Wisconsin beats OSU. In those cases I think that winner will be the 4th team. More so for Georgia. Wisky might still need help.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Congrats on the bowl game tonight Catt! I wish you had qualified 1 week earlier because you had a win over Clemson.
Lol. I'm happy with the season we had. We have a really, really good QB. With some more talent we could be 8-4 next year, and aiming for 9-3/10-2 in 2021.
!RmindMe 12/1/2021
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Let's face it, that was they're only move. On both sides.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN considers the OSU-UNC game basically a toss up (55% UNC). Haven't seen a line yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

What are we wagering?

Steam game value of $5 or $10 during the X-Mas sale?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What are we wagering?

Steam game value of $5 or $10 during the X-Mas sale?
Sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

5 or 10?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 5 or 10?
$10
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Done deal.

Good luck sir!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

USF fires Strong.

He was a good D coordinator early in his career. If TTUN parts ways with Don Brown, I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Done deal.

Good luck sir!
Going to hedge in Vegas ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

What more proof do you need that the college system is currently unfair?

The ACC is sitting up top despite their conference, easily, being the worst in the nation. (Sorry Catt)

As the first comment at that tweet points out, the two conferences that play 8 conference games have the most bowl eligible teams. Meanwhile, everyone else plays 9. When you add in the SEC's scheduling of FCS teams (and the ACC?), you see why everyone hates them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The ACC is sitting up top despite their conference, easily, being the worst in the nation. (Sorry Catt)
Wwwaaaaaaahhhhhh :)

Gotta fill 68(?) bowl positions somehow
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU #2 seed, Michigan #1 seed in latest bracketology. I'm not quite ready to buy Michigan as a #1, but we'll see.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

How do you go from unranked to #1 seed in, what, two weeks? A week?

They clearly are good and might end up a #1, but this seems like an overreaction.